Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Validation - Brisbane ?

Visa Validation - Brisbane ?

Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Validation - Brisbane ?

The house isn't selling and need to get sorted before NOV to validate the visas. Any ideas on best time to go and where to stay for while 1-2 weeks maybe.

Can anyone explain what the process is when getting off the plane to validate the visa's ?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Validation - Brisbane ?

Bit of an anti-climax really - you just go through Immigration as normal, and they will stamp your passport, which effectively validates the visa.
Sorry, but theres no red carpet or anything, though if you're lucky your immigration officer may give you a "Welcome to Australia!"
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeMc
The house isn't selling and need to get sorted before NOV to validate the visas. Any ideas on best time to go and where to stay for while 1-2 weeks maybe.

Can anyone explain what the process is when getting off the plane to validate the visa's ?
We are in Brisbane to validate as we speak, we found the cheapest time to fly was now or in Sept.

We found a great resort in Noosaville called "Coral Beach Resort" which is 37 quid a night in low season for a 2 bed house can see pics on www.worldtourism.com or .com.au.

When getting off the the plane all a bit strange, we told them we had a PR visa in our passport, they check our passport number on their system, stamped our passport on a blank page at which point we said do you not stamp across our visa and just said no and that was it.

I would say to fly Singapore as they are great to get your 40 kgs of luggage each just email the UK head office and ask what there luggage allowance is on PR visa they will email back it's 40 kgs on a unstamped visa, just make sure you take the email to the airport check in as our bloke said where did you hear about the extra luggage and we produced the email and he was fine then.

hope this helps
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Tabby, cheers for the info - although I thought you only get 40k on the single flight out - so they wont give you it twice ?

Didnt think you would get 40k to validate then another 40 to come over perm.

Hmm thought I could whizz along the OZ immigration line quiker, damn still got go with the masses then. Am guessing this will change once I come back over again then ?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Just another thought - was looking at best times to go, but all look fairly similar from now upto NOV flying from London. Whats the difference if flying from the states ?

Cheaper, shorter how do you this if it is ? If not then guess its London-Singapore-Brisbane then.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Tabby, cheers for the info - although I thought you only get 40k on the single flight out - so they wont give you it twice ?

Hmm thought I could whizz along the OZ immigration line quiker, damn still got go with the masses then. Am guessing this will change once I come back over again then ?
That is what Singapore airlines told us. We had to validate first and they told us when arranging the subsequent single flight out we couln't have the 40kg again. Shame but it couldn't be helped.

Katie
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Sorry it is only 40 kgs on validation trip (we are lucky and leaving lots of stuff with SIL)

not sure what happens when you return
Old Jun 28th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just another thought - was looking at best times to go, but all look fairly similar from now upto NOV flying from London. Whats the difference if flying from the states ?

Cheaper, shorter how do you this if it is ? If not then guess its London-Singapore-Brisbane then.
Never flew state side but have heard it is longer, cost more but you do get 64 kgs per person flying as standard, so may be worth it when you go for good + bonus stopover in LA if you want!!!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road

drop house price, it's the only way it will sell fast !!
Gateway holiday park, rochedale is good for short stay and fairly cheap if you end up going to evaluate anyway.
we have only just sold our house and need to be in Oz by Sept 1st so you still have time

dave

ps good luck