Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa trip what do we need to do.help please

visa trip what do we need to do.help please

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:01 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default visa trip what do we need to do.help please

hello everyone, can you guys advise us what to do when we land in oz just not sure what to do as we are only there to validate visa's and have a good look around before we sell up later in the year and don't want to balls it all up at the airport. can i also say what a great bunch of people we met last night at the british expats north meet and it did my wife christine a world of good as it lay a lot of her fears at rest now that she has seen that we all have the same feelings both good and bad about the big move,cheers everyone
best wishes jonni boy
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:15 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Question Re: visa trip what do we need to do.help please

Originally Posted by jonni boy
hello everyone, can you guys advise us what to do when we land in oz just not sure what to do as we are only there to validate visa's and have a good look around before we sell up later in the year and don't want to balls it all up at the airport. can i also say what a great bunch of people we met last night at the british expats north meet and it did my wife christine a world of good as it lay a lot of her fears at rest now that she has seen that we all have the same feelings both good and bad about the big move,cheers everyone
best wishes jonni boy

from what i remember the agent tellling us is that when you go through customs and get your passport stamped that automaticly validates your visa but the key person must go first, I think that is right but just double check with a agent or phone the visa office.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa trip what do we need to do.help please

Originally Posted by pike
from what i remember the agent tellling us is that when you go through customs and get your passport stamped that automaticly validates your visa but the key person must go first, I think that is right but just double check with a agent or phone the visa office.
That's it, nothing more or less. Even if you are not in the right order, customs will sort you out.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

What happens if you haven't got a visa to stamp?
My visa grant will just be an email from my CO - apparently it will be on a computer when I get there.

Cas
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:25 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonni boy
can i also say what a great bunch of people we met last night at the british expats north meet and it did my wife christine a world of good as it lay a lot of her fears at rest now that she has seen that we all have the same feelings both good and bad about the big move,cheers everyone
best wishes jonni boy
Hi Jonny Boy,

Sorry I couldn't talk to Christine about accountancy as we had to rush off.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at the next meet?

T'other Christine (also an Accountant)
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:42 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
What happens if you haven't got a visa to stamp?
My visa grant will just be an email from my CO - apparently it will be on a computer when I get there.

Cas
reckon that its like an ETA Tourist Visa...its just an electronic visa.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:59 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Hi Jonny Boy,

Sorry I couldn't talk to Christine about accountancy as we had to rush off.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at the next meet?

T'other Christine (also an Accountant)
no probs it was still good to meet u guys
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

We were really excited at immigration in Melbourne and couldn't wait to dash off to look at our stamps in our passports (disappointingly they don't stamp the actual visa - just a random page in your passport).

Lady on immigration looked at us as if we were mad - especially when we took a photo of us clutching our passports!!

Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:45 am
sunny coast

Originally Posted by Olive101
We were really excited at immigration in Melbourne and couldn't wait to dash off to look at our stamps in our passports (disappointingly they don't stamp the actual visa - just a random page in your passport).

Lady on immigration looked at us as if we were mad - especially when we took a photo of us clutching our passports!!

that will be us aswell