Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Stamp Error!

Visa Stamp Error!

Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:02 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa Stamp Error!

We got our visas granted about a week ago , sent the grant letter off to London with our passports and..... about 2 days later they came back but they've mistyped my daughters middle initial as a J instead of an A. According to AHC the Adelaide file shows this error and Adelaide needs to correct it before they can reissue a new stamp

So we've got a visa grant letter showing the correct names of all of us as valid visa holders, correct valid passports with those names, but my daughters passport has xxxxx J xxxxxxx as her name in the Visa stamp instead of xxxxxx A xxxxxxx !!

We are flying next weekend to Aus - anyone got any experience of whether this will be aproblem dont want to risk getting these to AHC and back again in the time we've got.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:05 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Stamp Error!

If I was you I'd phone them and if they say it's OK get them to put it in writing.

Wouldnt have thought it's a major thing but I'd check if I were you.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm well we've emailed the CO.... eta for response is probably a week friday

AHC said they cant do anything about it and couldnt advise on wether it would be a problem ( one liner emails ! jeez these guys cant type - first J for an A and then one-liners)
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Wouldn't worry about it. Take the original visa letter with you. They typed the wrong date of birth into the system for my husband. Only found out when we applied for medicare (the woman just laughed and processed the application anyway). Also caused a bit of bother with tax file numbers. We are going to have to write to DIMA and get it changed. I think they need to do some staff training!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 2:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RReed
Wouldn't worry about it. Take the original visa letter with you. They typed the wrong date of birth into the system for my husband. Only found out when we applied for medicare (the woman just laughed and processed the application anyway). Also caused a bit of bother with tax file numbers. We are going to have to write to DIMA and get it changed. I think they need to do some staff training!

Leave *plenty* of time for checking in for your flight as the airline might need to get clearance from DIMIA's Entry Operations Centre (in Canberra). They may not notice it but you can't be sure.

Jeremy