Reload this Page >

The Visa Saga!!!!

The Visa Saga!!!!

Old May 10th 2003, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Visa Saga!!!!

Hi All,
well the saga goes on, for those of you who are unfamiliar to our situation basically, we have been Sh** on from a great height by a medical agency in OZ! The sponsorship was with the agency not with the hospital, the house being sold and the buyers wanting to be in by the end of the month, everything was looking rosy! And then we get a phone call Friday May 2nd, the Brisbane office is shuttting down we cant find any work for my partner Clare(Radiographer) and we cant find work anywhere else in OZ.

Flipping Eck! I thought what are we to do! I find it incredulous that this agency cannot find a position, basically i think it is because they are SHI**! Anyway Clare had a phone interview with a Childrens Hospital near Sydney yesterday, we were looking at Brisbane, but thought we could move to Sydney and move up the coast in time. The interview went well and Clare is confident, however soon after another agency is offering another position in Rockhampton, more money! and obviously cheaper to live, so we are going for that one, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON ROCKY!

We are in posession of a 457 Visa and we can fly out on the Visa but we cant work on it, the policy has now changed on 457's , you can't transfer the Visa, you have to apply for a new sponsorship,however the medicals, X-rays are still valid so the new agent does not foresee any problems.

To anyone in the Medical profession going on an agency sponsored visa beware! Make sure the hosptal is taking you on and not an agency scheme, they have no responsiblities to you, and can drop you just like that. We will have to pay for another 457, while thay get away scott free!

Thanks for hearing me bleat!
Gary
Old May 10th 2003, 7:49 am
kkyliecuteass

God poor you!!
Thats bloody awful!
xx

Old May 10th 2003, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

That is really bad, but its sounds as though you are on the up again.
Fingers crossed that everything else goes smoothly.

Good luck

Karen and Andy
Old May 10th 2003, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope it all works out in the end.

footie chick
Old May 10th 2003, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Visa Saga!!!!

Hi Gary

Sorry to hear of your problems.
I had contemplated going through an agency on a sponsorship basis but eventually decided to go it alone and apply for a skilled independent visa.
I am hoping to get some work when (if ever ) we arrive in Oz.
I'm sure Clare will have no problem in finding employment although I can appreciate its the uncertainty that causes that bit more stress that you certainly don't need at this stage.
Hope all goes well for you I'm sure that it will

Diane

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,
well the saga goes on, for those of you who are unfamiliar to our situation basically, we have been Sh** on from a great height by a medical agency in OZ! The sponsorship was with the agency not with the hospital, the house being sold and the buyers wanting to be in by the end of the month, everything was looking rosy! And then we get a phone call Friday May 2nd, the Brisbane office is shuttting down we cant find any work for my partner Clare(Radiographer) and we cant find work anywhere else in OZ.

Flipping Eck! I thought what are we to do! I find it incredulous that this agency cannot find a position, basically i think it is because they are SHI**! Anyway Clare had a phone interview with a Childrens Hospital near Sydney yesterday, we were looking at Brisbane, but thought we could move to Sydney and move up the coast in time. The interview went well and Clare is confident, however soon after another agency is offering another position in Rockhampton, more money! and obviously cheaper to live, so we are going for that one, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON ROCKY!

We are in posession of a 457 Visa and we can fly out on the Visa but we cant work on it, the policy has now changed on 457's , you can't transfer the Visa, you have to apply for a new sponsorship,however the medicals, X-rays are still valid so the new agent does not foresee any problems.

To anyone in the Medical profession going on an agency sponsored visa beware! Make sure the hosptal is taking you on and not an agency scheme, they have no responsiblities to you, and can drop you just like that. We will have to pay for another 457, while thay get away scott free!

Gary
Old May 10th 2003, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,

Gary
Hi There,

We have a golden rule, keep the ball in your court if you can, you just cannot rely on anyone ...

If you have at a good price then pocket the change and sit back, then plan next move, we have done just this, got the PR's then sold the house and now sitting in rented, no rush at all ...

Good luck i'm sure you will sort it,
Old May 10th 2003, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Scooby!
Your'e damn right, look after No. 1. However you have to place faith in some people, unfortunately we do it with the wrong people!!
Old May 10th 2003, 10:17 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear about the mess but glad to hear that you may have sorted it all out now

keep us informed eh??

who said getting the visa was the hard bit!!!:scared: :scared:
Old May 10th 2003, 10:56 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Think you need pro advice, is your profession on the MODL? because I thought if you were out there and had a job offer and it's a MODL job you would be fast tracked no matter which current visa you had. ask Alan on this site he,ll know what the law on this is.
Old May 10th 2003, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Yvsie,
I would just like to say how this site is invaluable, the help and advice given is both informative and helpful. It is times like this when the internet comes into it's own.

To those who have replied to my posts. I Thank you......

Rockhampton Bound.....Hopefully!!!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 10th 2003, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Paul,
Yes Clare's profession is on the MODL list! The agent is on it now,I'll ncheck to see she is aware of the fast tracking.
References, police check,passports and professional accreditations already faxed. The high commission already have Medicals, x-rays, so should be okay.

Job in Rockhampton seems perfect, maybe the other traumas happened for a reason!! That's what we are telling ourselves anyway!!!
Thanks again for the advice folks.
Old May 10th 2003, 11:10 am
Just Joined

simonconnor is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear of your troubles. It's a bloody nightmare I know. If it helps, we are also moving to Sydney. Both nurses and found the best way to get sponsorship was through the NSW department of health. once this is done you can apply for a change of visa status even if you are already in Aus. They are offering a four year temp. working visa. They are desperate for medical/nurses in Australia. The more remote the place the more they need us. We found it best to look for work whilst you are already in australia. Agencies were rubbish here trying to push junior posts at us.

hope this helps

e-mail me if you wish

good luck

simon connor
Old May 10th 2003, 12:29 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

No, having a MODL occupation doesn't mean you will be fast tracked. Only occupations identified for fast tracking by the Minister are the subject of priority processing ... and only nurses have been selected.

Good luck Gary.

Originally posted by paulf
Think you need pro advice, is your profession on the MODL? because I thought if you were out there and had a job offer and it's a MODL job you would be fast tracked no matter which current visa you had. ask Alan on this site he,ll know what the law on this is.