Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa restrictions?

visa restrictions?

Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:15 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default visa restrictions?

hi folks,
ok here goes bear with me i'll try and make it short. we've applied for a 136 visa hubby on modl list as a briccy. when we eventually get to aus will he have to work as a briccy or can he do anything, over here is a self employed builder and does everything! i know about all the licences required and thats not a problem just wondered if there are any restrictions.

thanx
traceyx
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: visa restrictions?

Originally Posted by want2bthere
hi folks,
ok here goes bear with me i'll try and make it short. we've applied for a 136 visa hubby on modl list as a briccy. when we eventually get to aus will he have to work as a briccy or can he do anything, over here is a self employed builder and does everything! i know about all the licences required and thats not a problem just wondered if there are any restrictions.

thanx
traceyx
I understand (from my agent) that a 136 visa allows you to do anything once you are there so your husband shouldn't be restricted any one particular job.

Good luck!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

hi folks,

thanx
traceyx
Hi!
As we understand it, my hubby is applying for the same visa by the way, and yes, when you get to Australia he can do anything, kind of ironic really, they are crying out for trade persons, but let them do anything when the arrive!
Anyway we are definitely going to continue the trade as we are shipping our tools out.
All the best with your application, its a long haul, but hopefully worth it.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

hi folks,

thanx
traceyx
No restrictions on a 136 - you can go where you like and do what you like
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:02 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clippies
No restrictions on a 136 - you can go where you like and do what you like
thanks everyone
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:04 pm
so far so good

Originally Posted by yolandacharm
Hi!
As we understand it, my hubby is applying for the same visa by the way, and yes, when you get to Australia he can do anything, kind of ironic really, they are crying out for trade persons, but let them do anything when the arrive!
Anyway we are definitely going to continue the trade as we are shipping our tools out.
All the best with your application, its a long haul, but hopefully worth it.
hubby wouldn't dream of parting with his tools, the're like part of the family!!!! . what part of aus are you planning to go?
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

hubby wouldn't dream of parting with his tools, the're like part of the family!!!! . what part of aus are you planning to go?
Hopefully Brisbane!
We are only taking what goes into those interlinking box thingys!
They should be good for transport.
We are hopefully only a few weeks or days away from hearing if or should i say that we have been granted our visa
Please, hopefully not long now, i don't think our poor daughter can cope with waiting any longer! :scared: