Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa requirements for stop off in US

Visa requirements for stop off in US

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:00 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Visa requirements for stop off in US

Hi,

Anyone who has gone to Oz via the states, can you tell me what the visa requirements are for a stop off in the US?

We're planning to change planes in LA but don't want to spend any more time there than needs be.

Looking on the US embassy site, it looks like we don't have to apply for a visa under the Visa Waiver Program which allows british citizens transit rights through the US as long as they have machine readable passports (and meet the other obvious requirements).

Anyone know for definate?

Cheers,

Rob
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 9:58 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa requirements for stop off in US

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Hi,

Anyone who has gone to Oz via the states, can you tell me what the visa requirements are for a stop off in the US?

We're planning to change planes in LA but don't want to spend any more time there than needs be.

Looking on the US embassy site, it looks like we don't have to apply for a visa under the Visa Waiver Program which allows british citizens transit rights through the US as long as they have machine readable passports (and meet the other obvious requirements).

Anyone know for definate?

Cheers,

Rob
Yes that's right Rob,

My mum and I had stopovers in New York, Las Vegas and Hawaii on the way to Adelaide last September. No problem, just quite a lot of time spent queuing at the security checks!

Elaine M
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:53 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa requirements for stop off in US

Originally Posted by Elaine M
Yes that's right Rob,

My mum and I had stopovers in New York, Las Vegas and Hawaii on the way to Adelaide last September. No problem, just quite a lot of time spent queuing at the security checks!

Elaine M
Thanks Elaine - that's one less thing to do then before we go!!

Rob