British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   visa recieved,clearing house... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-recieved-clearing-house-277987/)

squeezzii Jan 16th 2005 9:54 pm

visa recieved,clearing house...

So, we have been through the whole thing, getting trade certification,and waiting, then putting in the application and waiting, then the medical and -you guessed it, waiting... then a couple of days after xmas we got the visas!! we started may 2003 so not too bad I guess but hey, now we have to get the house sorted to sell and I feel strange. Clearing out the house of our stuff so it looks presentable for selling, I dont know, it just seems odd and I'm wondering did anyone else feel like this? I'm sure I want to go (Perth) but I thought it might feel excited or something and I'm a bit confused. Any comment from anyone who has made the move would be welcome. thanks

biggy Jan 16th 2005 10:21 pm

Re: visa recieved,clearing house...

Originally Posted by squeezzii
So, we have been through the whole thing, getting trade certification,and waiting, then putting in the application and waiting, then the medical and -you guessed it, waiting... then a couple of days after xmas we got the visas!! we started may 2003 so not too bad I guess but hey, now we have to get the house sorted to sell and I feel strange. Clearing out the house of our stuff so it looks presentable for selling, I dont know, it just seems odd and I'm wondering did anyone else feel like this? I'm sure I want to go (Perth) but I thought it might feel excited or something and I'm a bit confused. Any comment from anyone who has made the move would be welcome. thanks

I would say that clearing out your house to sell is the most stressful part of the whole experience.

To have it all ready for selling you have to de personalise it and then it doesnt feel like home....I felt like a bloody lodger lol

Hope all goes well and you get a sale soon :)

squeezzii Jan 17th 2005 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
I would say that clearing out your house to sell is the most stressful part of the whole experience.

To have it all ready for selling you have to de personalise it and then it doesnt feel like home....I felt like a bloody lodger lol

Hope all goes well and you get a sale soon :)

thanks for that, yeah, I think thats it-depersonalising it all and also knowing that all the jobs around the house we needed to do that'd 'be done soon' are now only getting done now we're moving! God I hope it'll be different when we get there! cheers!

binbird Jan 17th 2005 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by squeezzii

Hi

Congratulations on your visa - you must have exercised a lot of patience waiting for it! We got our visas last week and were on a bit of a high but now we're on a bit of a downer as it actually feels a bit of an anti-climax. What I mean is, you send off your application and wait to get positive feedback and then when it comes, unless you are very lucky and in a position to up sticks and go as soon as you can, you are just in the next stage of the waiting game.

We have had the house on the market since October - lots of viewings but we haven't found the one important viewer yet willing to put an offer in. It is not at all exciting sitting in your house which has lost some of it's homeliness and you and I are not the only ones to feel like this! (Not to mention having to deal with the endless housework and going hoarse reminding 3 kids to TIDY UP after themselves!)

Since we started the visa application process the MIL has also developed some mystery illness which the consultants are still investigating (an exploratory op is the next likely step) so there are further burdens playing mind games with us.

Mind games / waiting games whatever next....... A cash buyer and a clean bill of health for the MIL please.

Hope you can secure a quick sale on your property and then leave your confused state a long way behind you! :)

Good luck

Binbird

jc_hoops Jan 17th 2005 2:45 pm

[QUOTE=squeezzii]So, we have been through the whole thing, getting trade certification,and waiting, then putting in the application and waiting, then the medical and -you guessed it, waiting... then a couple of days after xmas we got the visas!! we started may 2003 so not too bad I guess but hey, now we have to get the house sorted to sell and I feel strange. Clearing out the house of our stuff so it looks presentable for selling, I dont know, it just seems odd and I'm wondering did anyone else feel like this? I'm sure I want to go (Perth) but I thought it might feel excited or something and I'm a bit confused. Any comment from anyone who has made the move would be welcome. thanks

I know how you feel. Got the visa in Sept, and going out to activate it in March.

House up for sale and "sold subect to contact" - hopefully end of Jan.

Once that is complete, we rent until our little girl finishes her schooling and then we are off on a nice trip to the USA, and then Brisbane here we come !!

Bring it on............