Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa question ???

Visa question ???

Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Visa question ???

We have some friends who may be interested in applying for Australia - they are not married, but are engaged and living together.

He is builder and she is hairdresser, both on MODL I believe. Would they need to apply separately for skilled visas or have DIMIA kept up with modern times and only one of them would apply?

Thanks in advance
Theresa
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa question ???

Originally Posted by hooperhome
We have some friends who may be interested in applying for Australia - they are not married, but are engaged and living together.

He is builder and she is hairdresser, both on MODL I believe. Would they need to apply separately for skilled visas or have DIMIA kept up with modern times and only one of them would apply?

Thanks in advance
Theresa

Hey there

Your friends could apply quite easily I would imagine. Me and the misses are co habiting at the moment and we gained PR. I applied for a skilled independent visa and nominted here as my spouse/ di facto partner. Outside the expected paperwork we had to provide evidence of our relationship (Photos looking all loved up) and a couple of statements from friends saying we live together etc etc blah blah.

Yam Yam
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:31 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks in advance
Theresa
Hi Theresa,
Andrew and I are not married. I applied as main applicant and Andrew was on application as my defacto.

Sarah
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Thanks for that, was hoping it would be like that.

Hi there Sarah
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:36 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that, was hoping it would be like that.

Hi there Sarah
Hi Theresa,
I'm sure I still have a list of evidence required by DIMIA for defacto applications. If I have, I'll let you know on dieters then I can e-mail it to you.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Theresa,
I'm sure I still have a list of evidence required by DIMIA for defacto applications. If I have, I'll let you know on dieters then I can e-mail it to you.
Love and hugs
Sarah

Thanks Sarah, that really good of you.
Theresa