Reload this Page >

Visa options for 'soon to be' graduate

Visa options for 'soon to be' graduate

Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

c0xy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa options for 'soon to be' graduate

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through the forum for quite a while now and it's been very helpful but most of the posts relate more to families moving out so I'm finding it hard to gather information on my situation so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm due to graduate this summer from University of York with a degree (hopefully 2:1) in Maths and Computer Science, I then plan to work in the UK for 6 months or so and head out to Australia next Januray to work for a year.

Can anyone recommend what the best route to take is? I was looking at a skilled persons visa but as I haven't got 5 years experience I'm not sure I can get enough points, does the fact that I have only just graduated and therefore impossible to have 5 years experience count for anything? I do have some work experience having done a year in industry last year as part of my course and then a summer placement the year before that.

Other than that there is the business sponsored visa but not sure how easy this will be to get if I'm only going to be working for a year.

From people's experience would it be possible to get a job and then just get a work permit to cover that time?

Have also looked at the work travel visa but don't want a complete year out of my CV and figure it will be hard to get proper jobs for max length of 3 months.

Sorry for long post but any help would be greatly appreciated! Really want to come out there for a year but trying to work out all the plans is hard work!

Thanks again,
Paul

P.s. I can send my CV to anyone if that helps.