Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa?? Medicals??? Police Clearances???? Help!!!!

Visa?? Medicals??? Police Clearances???? Help!!!!

Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of
Default Visa?? Medicals??? Police Clearances???? Help!!!!

Hi, hope someone can offer me either some reassurance or advice.
I applied for my visa and got word back that it was being processed mid March this year. I was informed in the email that as i was on the MODL it would take between 3-5months to process my application. Well it's August now and in a couple of weeks it will have been 5months, and yet still no word. Should i not have heard back from them yet to send my police clearances? or been instructed to go for medicals?
I'm beginning to think my application is under a huge amount of paper and been forgotten about!!!
Should i email them back and request an update or would this delay it further?
HELP before my fingernails (and hair) are completely gone.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Visa?? Medicals??? Police Clearances???? Help!!!!

Originally Posted by simpy
I applied for my visa and got word back that it was being processed mid March this year. I was informed in the email that as i was on the MODL it would take between 3-5months to process my application. Well it's August now and in a couple of weeks it will have been 5months, and yet still no word. Should i not have heard back from them yet to send my police clearances? or been instructed to go for medicals?
I'm beginning to think my application is under a huge amount of paper and been forgotten about!!!
our visa application went in April and we have had our request by our agent to get police checks and meds done which are winging there way now.
Agent says 2 weeks to get CO and hopefully 35-40 days for result.

total 5 months.

Sharon
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:40 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

i suppose an email could give them a little push in the right direction.......but i am sure that is nothing to really worry about i think its just the Aussies being Aussies

lol
Old Aug 7th 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
i suppose an email could give them a little push in the right direction.......but i am sure that is nothing to really worry about i think its just the Aussies being Aussies

lol

ok thanks, an email is on the way to them.

Regards, Darren
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:18 pm
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

ok thanks, an email is on the way to them.

Regards, Darren
I would say wait. We applied mid January (136 modl) and we only got our case officer the end of June. And still no visa. There's still time but you have to be patient. (I know it's hard )
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Glenat
I would say wait. We applied mid January (136 modl) and we only got our case officer the end of June. And still no visa. There's still time but you have to be patient. (I know it's hard )
Hi, with the timescale it took yours, then i should get my case officer any day then. I will take your advice and not send an email until at least the end of August. Don't know about you, but this waiting game is a bloody killer!! They have even started a new advertising campaign asking for skilled workers to emigrate and all we keep doing is shouting at the tv!!! hahaha
Old Aug 24th 2006, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Glad I took advice from you chaps.....

Got email on 21st to go for medicals

Going for them on 31st August

Thanks again.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks again.
Nice one. Good luck.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:40 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks again.
Great news

It shouldn't be long till you get your visa then, we got ours on the 21st!

Good luck
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Hi Simpy,
We put in for our visa beginning of february and waited for our meds and police checks to be requested. we had those done end of july so are now waiting for the visa?!!!!!! Just like you we thought we had been waiting ages for the medical request, but it came through. Hopefully you should hear very soon, good luck J and J
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Thanks again.
Hi again, Just shows I dont read everything. Have just read this!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck J and J
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to all, can't wait to get that visa in our hands, mind you the OH is excited and still jumping about the house about going for meds so god only knows how she will be when the visa comes.

Regards, Simpy