visa help

Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:25 am
Just Joined

BB999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa help

Hi all
I could do with a bit of advice please. A bit of a dodgy subject so here goes. I have just been offered a job in OZ. Over the moon!! They will be sponsoring me on a permanant visa. My wife and I have no children. The issue is that I have two children from a previous relationship who I'm no longer in contact with. I have not seen them in 8 and a half years. I have no idea where they live. There is no mantinance agrreement Now I dont want to go into too much detail but myself and their mother....too young...immature...etc etc... She married someone else and she basically cut me out of their lives etc etc. Like i said I do not want to get involved in any heated discussions about this. Now with reagards to the visa.....Am I required to put my chidren down on my applcation??? Obviously I am not applying to take them with me. I do not even have an address for them. Thanks for any advice.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:28 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: visa help

Originally Posted by BB999
Hi all
I could do with a bit of advice please. A bit of a dodgy subject so here goes. I have just been offered a job in OZ. Over the moon!! They will be sponsoring me on a permanant visa. My wife and I have no children. The issue is that I have two children from a previous relationship who I'm no longer in contact with. I have not seen them in 8 and a half years. I have no idea where they live. There is no mantinance agrreement Now I dont want to go into too much detail but myself and their mother....too young...immature...etc etc... She married someone else and she basically cut me out of their lives etc etc. Like i said I do not want to get involved in any heated discussions about this. Now with reagards to the visa.....Am I required to put my chidren down on my applcation??? Obviously I am not applying to take them with me. I do not even have an address for them. Thanks for any advice.
can't give any advice on the visa, but i would suggest you try posting the same in the Aus Immigration forum as it's the most obvious place for those in the know to see it... having said that i've moved this in to the general Aus forum as it will have a wider audience here
good luck
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gedge
can't give any advice on the visa, but i would suggest you try posting the same in the Aus Immigration forum as it's the most obvious place for those in the know to see it... having said that i've moved this in to the general Aus forum as it will have a wider audience here
good luck
Thanks.....and sorry...new here!!!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:41 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Thanks.....and sorry...new here!!!
no worries.. just ask away, someone somewhere should be able to help
welcome to BE
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:52 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

We are in the process of taking my stepson with us to OZ , but my husbands 13 year will be staying here, until she reaches the right age to joins us. Again we have a very bad relationship with his ex wife.

When I spoke to the Immigrate officer in London, he informed me that she may need to have a medical done. They come under non- immigrating children. I looked through the hand book and it couldn't see any mention of that on there. So we are hoping they might not ask us for it. They only reason they would require this if his ex wife died ( No such luck) and then she would therefore come to Australia. I know that it is madness and the medicals only last 12months!!

So we are going to send of the Visa form, without her medical and see whats happens.

I hope this helps
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:55 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=julie hilton]We are in the process of taking my stepson with us to OZ , but my husbands 13 year will be staying here, until she reaches the right age to joins us. Again we have a very bad relationship with his ex wife.

When I spoke to the Immigrate officer in London, he informed me that she may need to have a medical done. They come under non- immigrating children. I looked through the hand book and it couldn't see any mention of that on there. So we are hoping they might not ask us for it. They only reason they would require this if his ex wife died ( No such luck) and then she would therefore come to Australia. I know that it is madness and the medicals only last 12months!!

Thanks....and good luck. I can imagine how stressful it is
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
As far as I know you will have to put them down on the form. If you do not know where they are then put whereabouts unkown.

JAJ or one of the agents will probably be able to help in more detail so I'd suggest posting this question here

All the best
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julie hilton
We are in the process of taking my stepson with us to OZ , but my husbands 13 year will be staying here, until she reaches the right age to joins us. Again we have a very bad relationship with his ex wife.

So we are going to send of the Visa form, without her medical and see whats happens.

I hope this helps

Usually non migrating children under 18 will be required to attend a medical. DIMA only waive this if they think it unreasonable for the child to have the medical, I'm not sure what they class as unreasonable though
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:11 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy
Usually non migrating children under 18 will be required to attend a medical. DIMA only waive this if they think it unreasonable for the child to have the medical, I'm not sure what they class as unreasonable though
I don't know either, but we will have to wait and see what happens. Maybe there might be someone on here who went through the same process.

Thanks

Last edited by julie hilton; Dec 11th 2006 at 10:18 am.