Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Hassle Over... PR Now... Pls advise further course of action?

Visa Hassle Over... PR Now... Pls advise further course of action?

Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

ozouraim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Hassle Over... PR Now... Pls advise further course of action?

Hello All,

The wait is over and we are officially permanent residents now. Our visas were granted on 29th June 04. I am in IT and have started my research on what to do.. how to do... etc. Just wanted to know :

Now that I am PR holder.. can I apply for ozzie jobs now... or they want physical presence along with PR Visa. Please advise

Regards

ozouraim
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I was granted PR a couple of months ago and have applied for 10 or so jobs advertised with the variuos agencies. I have made it clear I have PR and given them the arrival date of 22nd August (hopefully).

To date they have all said to contact when I arrive!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:39 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Hassle Over... PR Now... Pls advise further course of action?

Originally posted by ozouraim
Hello All,

The wait is over and we are officially permanent residents now. Our visas were granted on 29th June 04. I am in IT and have started my research on what to do.. how to do... etc. Just wanted to know :

Now that I am PR holder.. can I apply for ozzie jobs now... or they want physical presence along with PR Visa. Please advise

Regards

ozouraim
Probably nit-picking, but I was under the impression that you only actually BECAME PR when you validated the visa grant - ie., set foot on the island?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

ditto