Visa Grant

Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

stela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nicestela is just really nice
Unhappy Visa Grant

Well everyone, i Guess i should be in bed at this time of night, But I can't sleep. . The Reason is, Yesterday, Halloween, Myself and hubby were granted, our Visa's. Its taken since Dec 05. But I'm feeling really sad . My mum, was with me when i got the call from our agent, and has sobbed her heart out, begging me not to go , I know, i should be on cloud nine, but I'm not. All this planning , waiting, and upsetting, the most important people in the world to you. I feel so selfish. I really need some support guys, I know people would give there right arm to be at this stage, but, please be aware, when you do finely get the visa granted, well i didnt expect to feel like this, sorry, i dont want to sound a kill joy or anything, but wondered if there is anyone else that felt like this . Stela
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Grant

Originally Posted by stela
Well everyone, i Guess i should be in bed at this time of night, But I can't sleep. . The Reason is, Yesterday, Halloween, Myself and hubby were granted, our Visa's. Its taken since Dec 05. But I'm feeling really sad . My mum, was with me when i got the call from our agent, and has sobbed her heart out, begging me not to go , I know, i should be on cloud nine, but I'm not. All this planning , waiting, and upsetting, the most important people in the world to you. I feel so selfish. I really need some support guys, I know people would give there right arm to be at this stage, but, please be aware, when you do finely get the visa granted, well i didnt expect to feel like this, sorry, i dont want to sound a kill joy or anything, but wondered if there is anyone else that felt like this . Stela
It is only natural to feel aprhensive/scared/excited/nervous and a million other feelings all at the same time.

You wouldn't be normal otherwise - trust me

Just take each day as it comes and focus on why yu applied

Sarah
Old Nov 1st 2006, 1:59 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Visa Grant

I have these feelings every day! Its really hard and you just have to remember why you are going.
My mother in law begged us to stay too and now refuses to talk about it.It is a nightmare.
I just have to remind myself of everything we will gain by trying a new lifestyle and I think it would be worse to not go and always reget it.
Good Luck!
Andrea
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:44 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Everyone goes thru the same emotions so try not to get distracted on what you want.

The only person we had trouble with was Trish's Mum. She got very upset, did not talk to me for ages (which i didn't complain too much about) but what we did was to invite her over to Oz for six months (god forbid!). :scared:

She came over in June and is set to go back 6th of December which is about 35 days away

Decided now that any future visits are limited to 4 weeks as we really need to find our own feet as a family and not have ant interference from the MIL :scared:

Anyway, you will be fine as everthing will come into place for you and hopefully you will have no regrets

Rob
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi stela

its such a big step (congratulations by the way) you were bound to have these feeling somewhere between gettting the visa and actually travelling there. I whooped for joy when i got mine in June 05 and Im still here! Thats because I was on a roller coaster of emotion from the june till this Feb, and thats when i finally made the decision to go with it! Ive still had my ups and downs, especcially now im sat in a empty house, AT 4.45 AM when i should be

anyway just thought id share how i felt.

good luck

regards

lolly
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:56 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

My wife's Mum (my MIL) made life emotionally difficult for my wife once she found out what we were up to.

This was over 2 years ago. We're now approaching our 4th month here and even though the actual departure was very hard for my MIL and my wife, things are looking much better now as my MIL is really looking forward to her first trip out here to see us and was even very positive about the news that we had bought some land and are now planning to build a house.

It seems that time is the great healer. My wife still feels the guilt but doesn't regret moving out here at all.

Just hang in there. It seems bad now but it won't always seem that way!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 4:24 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

My mother did much the same and said that she would not be able to come and visit, long flight and all that.

Well - she did visit and is coming again in a couple of months.

After a couple of weeks here she simply said "I can see why you've done it now. If I didnt have the rest of the family then I would move out here too."

Nothing can ever really dampen the fact you are moving away but you cant live your life for other people all the time and when rellies come and visit, and be assured that you'll have more vistors than ever before on cheap holidays, you can spend some quality time with them.

Its an emotional time. Ultimately it usually works out fine though and most people have been where you are.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:21 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Stela, I know exactly how you feel - I was the same after our visa was granted last year, and I know of many others on here who say the same thing.

After going through so much to get the bloody thing, it's almost an anti-climax when it's granted. You focus so much on getting the visa, you don't really think about the reality of what it means until you get it - and then it's like 'omg, what am I doing!'. And I felt so guilty as Dave was over-the-moon - and I was like ' I don't want to go to bloody Oz!'

It took me a while to work through how I felt. Don't beat yourself up about how you're feeling - you are completely normal! - but do give yourself a few weeks to let the emotions settle. Don't talk about it too much with friends and family who don't want you to go - believe me, it doesn't help! Just post on here instead and we'll help you through it! I found focusing on all the positives about why we wanted to emigrate in the first place helped me.

Nicky
xxx
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stela
I am sorry you feel so sad but try to remember why you applied in the first place. Dont forget also you life has been hanging in the balance for so long and all of a sudden you have the answers to where you are going till then it probably didnt seem real. Its normal to feel sad when leaving family behind but your mum can come and see you when your in Oz flights are much easier now. Time is a great healer. Please dont feel selfish you are only trying to create a better life for yourself.
Good luck with everything.

Sarah
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:12 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi stella

congratulations on getting your visa!!!!!

your mum was probably feeling shock i think they dont really think you will go through with it until you actually get your visa (it doesn't seem like its going to happen for us until then so other people must think the same)

dont be sad please once your mum has got use to the idea im sure she will be really happy that you are trying to give yourself a better life with plenty of opportunity.

who knows, my dad said he wants to come and retire there when he retires, your mum may feel the same once she is over the shock

good luck babe have pm'd you

jan xxxx
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:41 pm
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

Me and rachel feel exactly the same my parents looked shocked when i told them we'd been granted our visa's even though they have been encouraging us to go for it since we started our application. they were trying to look happy for us but deep down i could tell they were upset. but in the end you have got to remember all the positive reasoning that made you apply in the first place. It's such a small world we live in now a days and very easy to communicate and keep in touch. you have your own lives to lead and deep down i'm sure your folks would undoubtedly agree you are doing the right thing. Any way if things don't work out as you want them to you can always go back home. 24 hours is all you are away.

all the very best of luck

Barry