British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   visa expiry date?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-expiry-date-363273/)

jools79 Mar 24th 2006 9:11 am

visa expiry date??

Hello all, i was wondering if anyone can help me. My Husband and i are planning to apply for independant skill visa, i have been lead to believe that the process can take up to 12 months to complete but can anyone tell me if we got the visa how long do we have to leave this country and arrive in aus? Is there an expiry date on visas? :)

Wendy Mar 24th 2006 9:17 am

Re: visa expiry date??

Originally Posted by jools79
Hello all, i was wondering if anyone can help me. My Husband and i are planning to apply for independant skill visa, i have been lead to believe that the process can take up to 12 months to complete but can anyone tell me if we got the visa how long do we have to leave this country and arrive in aus? Is there an expiry date on visas? :)

You have to make the initial entry into Australia within 12 months of either Police clearance or Medicals whichever is earliest. You then have 5 years to make a full move out there. After that you either have to get a Resident Return Visa ( certain criteria to get one of these) or become a citizen ( you have to live there 2 years out of 5 to get this, this is changing to 3 out of 5 shortly)

Hope that helps
Wendy

tabby Mar 24th 2006 9:51 am

Originally Posted by jools79

Just to Add to wendyc's post this is 12 months if your med's are scored as cat a, if scored cat b you have 6 months from med's/pcc

jools79 Mar 24th 2006 10:45 am

Originally Posted by tabby
Just to Add to wendyc's post this is 12 months if your med's are scored as cat a, if scored cat b you have 6 months from med's/pcc

Thanks for that!!

marco121068 Mar 24th 2006 11:27 am

Originally Posted by WendyC
You have to make the initial entry into Australia within 12 months of either Police clearance or Medicals whichever is earliest. You then have 5 years to make a full move out there. After that you either have to get a Resident Return Visa ( certain criteria to get one of these) or become a citizen ( you have to live there 2 years out of 5 to get this, this is changing to 3 out of 5 shortly)

Hope that helps
Wendy

Not wanting to be picky....but the 5 years starts ticking from the date your visa is issued. :D