Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Evidencing - So simple - Difficult to believe!!

Visa Evidencing - So simple - Difficult to believe!!

Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

sandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant futuresandeep0909 has a brilliant future
Default Visa Evidencing - So simple - Difficult to believe!!

Hi All,
Just wanted to share my experience with you all regarding Visa evidencing.
Although you have the option of sending the passport by mail and getting stamped, i preferred to go and get stamped at the high commission itself, reason being I lost my passport once and had a hell of a time. Normally the High Commission does not give appointments for visa stamping in India, however when I stated my case they gave me an appointment for yesterday. (Mind you asked for the appointment only day before yesterday). That was the first shock I got, when I went into the embassy, I was the only person !!!! Can you believe it, in a country like India with 1.2 billion population where Queue seems to be ubiquitous, I am at a place where I dont have a queue!!! How shocking is that?
Another shock: They handed me the passport back in 15 mins straight. I mean is it true or am in a dream land!!!
Few other things for which I was spectical: they did not ask for Photographs or any other documents except the visa email which is very unlike USA or European countries.
Overall it was the best stamping experience I had till date