Reload this Page >

Visa evidenced in London?

Visa evidenced in London?

Old May 23rd 2004, 7:59 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa evidenced in London?

Has anyone sent their passports to london for the visa to be evidenced? If so who did you use for the pre paid postage to get them sent back? We dont really want to use Royal Mail, has anyone used UPS or similar?
Thanks
Mart
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:44 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa evidencing

Hi there,

We actually had to send ours to London in January. I went to the post office did a recorded delivery to get them there, but also included a prepaid envelope also with a recorded delivery slip filled in with my own address on and the post office told me to insert it into the envelope loose with the passports etc, so that all London had to do was to stick the label on before they posted it.

I was very sceptical of this, but I did it anyway, I posted them off on the Thursday morning and 2 days later on the Saturday morning I was signing to receive them back, fully validated with visas included in the passports, was pretty gobsmacked I can tell you

I had no problems, but you do as you feel best im sure what ever you decide it will be okay

Hope this helps Christine
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:49 pm
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visa evidencing

Thanks Christine, we had a few issues with RM when we sent our visas off. Used UPS for other things and had a good service, but I'm not sure if London will return post via a courier?
Mart
Old May 23rd 2004, 8:56 pm
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa evidenced in London?

Originally posted by MSB
Has anyone sent their passports to london for the visa to be evidenced? If so who did you use for the pre paid postage to get them sent back? We dont really want to use Royal Mail, has anyone used UPS or similar?
Thanks
Mart
I used royalmail special delivery and included a pre-paid special delivery return envelope with no problems and could track their progress online.

I've also had to do it with my wifes original documents to register our son as Aussie by descent.

Better to pay the extra rather than loose stuff that is difficult and expensive to replace.
Old May 24th 2004, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Despite the shite publicity Royal mail are recieving at the moment we did it special delivery and had the passports (stickers n all) back within 5 days.