Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Electron - Bank of Scotland

Visa Electron - Bank of Scotland

Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default Visa Electron - Bank of Scotland

Hi Folks

Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this - My son has a Bank of Scotland Visa Electron Card - he has used it in USA without problems - will he be able to use it when we get to Australia. His Uncle gives him monthly pocket money and wants to be able to continue to pay it into his UK account. If he does will Adam be able to use it? Would appreciate any help with this one as i dont want my brother to end up paying extra charges to send his money. Cheers
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:39 pm

dazah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Electron - Bank of Scotland

i cant see there been a problem with it saying visa on it but dont quote me on that

you could always find out if he can do a bank trans when here only way to find out is ask the bank of scotland and ship his money over to his aussie account
Old Mar 30th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I use my Abbey visa electron card here no problem. The only difference is its classed as credit not cheque or savings. Meaning he will have to sign rather than chip and pin. Its also worth telling the bank you will be using it in Oz as my bank froze mine at first.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Thanks peeps!