British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Visa Costs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-costs-121394/)

Ga22ar Dec 10th 2002 6:10 pm

Visa Costs

Hi..

I'm looking to progress an Skilled migration to Aus, however the Aus immi site is a little confusing in the way the costs for visa are laid out..

So does anybody know what the costs are for purely the Skilled Migration Visa.. Also I'll taking my wife and two under 10 children as well, what are the costs for these - the Aus immi site doesnt seem to mention the costs for these..

I'm confused...

cheerio

scoobydooathome Dec 10th 2002 6:19 pm

Hello,

About $1700.00 AUD, plus verification, medicals etc and a 50/80 week wait..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, what is your profession.

Good Luck.

Ga22ar Dec 10th 2002 6:24 pm

wow, that was quick..

is that $1700 for me, or all of us ?? Thats the bit I cant get..

I'm a networks/systems designer in IT, which I'm led to believe is in demand so the wait should be no more than 4 months..

thanx for the reply

cheerio

scoobydooathome Dec 10th 2002 6:52 pm

Originally posted by Ga22ar
wow, that was quick..

I'm a networks/systems designer in IT, which I'm led to believe is in demand so the wait should be no more than 4 months..

thanx for the reply

cheerio

Hey we are a bit quick on this forum you know,

$1745.00 seems to be about right, and is for whole family yippeeeee, but i think IT jobs are not in demand..........best to check on this.

You going be looking at 50/80 weeks, clarify this though.

Best of Luck.

Have Fun.

Alan Collett Dec 10th 2002 10:56 pm

Hello!

Costs are:

1. Skills assessment - Australian Computer Society => A$350, or A$400 if you need an RPL skills assessment.

2. Visa application fee - A$1,745

3. Medicals and chest X-rays. Amount obviously depends on number of people involved. Allow in the order of £300 with wife plus 2 children under the age of 11.

4. Police reports from each country in which you have lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years. £10 per adult in the UK.

Plus a migration agent if you want to engage one ...

There's no priority processing of IT occupations any more so I'm afraid you are looking at a processing time thro' Adelaide of 50 weeks or so, to which you should add the time to obtain your pre-application skills assessment (if you haven't got this already).

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Ga22ar
wow, that was quick..

thanx for the reply

cheerio