Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Cancelation / Release of Super

Visa Cancelation / Release of Super

Old Oct 31st 2011, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Adrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to beholdAdrian12 is a splendid one to behold
Default Visa Cancelation / Release of Super

Firstly, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I left Aus at the end of september (moved to Canada). I was on a 457 visa.

I recently tried to use the online application to release my superanuation as a cash payment.

However, it seems that my Visa has not yet been cancelled.(which needs to happen before you can claim your super) Does anyone know how soon an employer is obligated to inform immigration? and then how long it takes for immigration to cancel your visa. It has been a month now and it seems I still have an active visa.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give!

Adrian
Old Oct 31st 2011, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Cancelation / Release of Super

DIAC should be informed as soon as possible and then the visa cancellation takes 28 days I believe. Just give it a bit longer.

(I presume that you could just as easily tell DIAC just to make sure).
Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Cancelation / Release of Super

Originally Posted by Adrian12
Firstly, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I left Aus at the end of september (moved to Canada). I was on a 457 visa.

I recently tried to use the online application to release my superanuation as a cash payment.

However, it seems that my Visa has not yet been cancelled.(which needs to happen before you can claim your super) Does anyone know how soon an employer is obligated to inform immigration? and then how long it takes for immigration to cancel your visa. It has been a month now and it seems I still have an active visa.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to give!

Adrian
You don't have to wait for your employer to cancel it. Write to DIAC and cancel it yourself.