Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Approval - how long 'til expiry?

Visa Approval - how long 'til expiry?

Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Stokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura aboutStokesy has a spectacular aura about
Default Visa Approval - how long 'til expiry?

Hi Guys

just wondered if anyone knows anything - sure you do, you knowledgeable bunch.

I am hoping to apply for a spouse visa. When it gets approved, how long do you have before you have to move over to Land of Oz?

Does anyone know roughly how much these visas cost? Hubby just applying for British passport - £268 for application, on top of £350 last year for permanent visa and another £300+ in 2003 for a 2 year visa. Sure Oz will be the same!!

Cheers!

Sarah
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Approval - how long 'til expiry?

Originally Posted by Stokesy
Hi Guys

just wondered if anyone knows anything - sure you do, you knowledgeable bunch.

I am hoping to apply for a spouse visa. When it gets approved, how long do you have before you have to move over to Land of Oz?

Does anyone know roughly how much these visas cost? Hubby just applying for British passport - £268 for application, on top of £350 last year for permanent visa and another £300+ in 2003 for a 2 year visa. Sure Oz will be the same!!

Cheers!

Sarah
You'd be better off posting this on the immigration forum. Read form 968i, however this only applies to permanent visas:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

If you are going to get a temporary visa things are going to be a little different.

For fees, look at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf
Many fees will increase on 1 July.

The GBP268 fee you refer to is for *naturalisation* as a British citizen, not just for a British passport. The equivalent fee in Australia is AUD120.