Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa applications - June rush ???

Visa applications - June rush ???

Old Mar 1st 2004, 3:58 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa applications - June rush ???

Hi,

I am applying a a Hairdresser (MODL) and just posted off my skills application to TRA in Adelaide.

Reading through some postings on this website and another, I am worried about a June rush of visa applications and if you do not have your application in by June '04 you have a long, long wait until next year until you get processed - is this true ???

My TRA won't come back for at least another 8 weeks and then by the time I've filled out the application form and get it posted to DIMIA I'll be too late.

Anyone know about this June rush and if you miss it does it really hold up your application.

HELP
Old Mar 1st 2004, 4:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa applications - June rush ???

Originally posted by irishmolly
Hi,

I am applying a a Hairdresser (MODL) and just posted off my skills application to TRA in Adelaide.

Reading through some postings on this website and another, I am worried about a June rush of visa applications and if you do not have your application in by June '04 you have a long, long wait until next year until you get processed - is this true ???

My TRA won't come back for at least another 8 weeks and then by the time I've filled out the application form and get it posted to DIMIA I'll be too late.

Anyone know about this June rush and if you miss it does it really hold up your application.

HELP
Last year there was a rush of application approvals last May/June, It might not happen again this year. Just get your application in as soon as possible & don't worry about it, it's out of your hands. In general they seem to be approving 136 (skilled Ind.) visas in under 50 weeks at the moment.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 5:52 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

Do they have a certain 'cut-off' date for applications, ie, when they have their quota of approvals then the rest must wait until next time ?

Is the 'June rush' an annual thing or was last year a one off ?

If anyone knows anything about the so called 'June rush' please post a reply.

Cheers.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by irishmolly
Thanks for the reply.

Do they have a certain 'cut-off' date for applications, ie, when they have their quota of approvals then the rest must wait until next time ?

Is the 'June rush' an annual thing or was last year a one off ?

If anyone knows anything about the so called 'June rush' please post a reply.

Cheers.
Would love to know more about this also as we are a July 2003 application (skilled independent) and hoping to get med requests soon!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:34 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Its alottery

There is a quota set for each cat. of visa.Dimia cant go over this number but if they are coming in under the quota they seem to work quick smart.Last year they seemed to have being coming in way under the quota and there was a huge amount of activity coming up to June.

But as you will see from this site and austimeline some people still had to wait the 50 weeks+ while other apps submited in early '03 got through in a matter of months.

It really seems to be a case of luck of the draw.

There is a new visa being proposed ("bush" visa)that may or may not affect next years numbers.

Guess just get your visa app in asap and at least be in the raffle
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Welsh Wonder is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is for the wrong year but to give you an example of how many visas they allow here are the figures I found for 2001/2002

Category Quota
Family 37900
Skilled Oz Sponsored 4350
SAS 2000
Employer Nominated 6000
Business Skills 7900
Special Talents 170
Skilled Independant 25050
Special Eligibility 1600

The Australian migration year runs from 1st July to 30th June and the quota for the year is based on a first come first served so that is why you may of heard of certain rushes around June and July.

Good Luck