Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Applications

Visa Applications

Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:39 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa Applications

Have not done got as far as Visa Application yet as just sent off TRA.

Justwondering what sort of information do they ask for and how long does it take to get it all together??
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Applications

Originally Posted by toon williams

Justwondering what sort of information do they ask for and how long does it take to get it all together??
Not a lot, most of the hard work is already done, in fact if you did the right thing, when you got everything for the TRA app certified, you should have got everything else done at the same time. All applicants birth certs, passports etc.

The main app is pretty straight forward, the only thing that springs to mind is the proof of English language ability. I found GCSE exam results in my attic. Which I also had to have certifed by JP, I did all this at the same time, as mentioned above.

Once thats in its medicals, police checks and chucks away

What visa are you applying for?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:47 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

You may also want to try the Austrlia Immigration Forum as there's stacks of this on there.

Try doing a search on it.

Paul.

Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:56 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Not a lot, most of the hard work is already done, in fact if you did the right thing, when you got everything for the TRA app certified, you should have got everything else done at the same time. All applicants birth certs, passports etc.

The main app is pretty straight forward, the only thing that springs to mind is the proof of English language ability. I found GCSE exam results in my attic. Which I also had to have certifed by JP, I did all this at the same time, as mentioned above.

Once thats in its medicals, police checks and chucks away

What visa are you applying for?

I am not sure which Visa is it Skilled, my husband on the MODL list if that means anything to anyone!!!??!?!?!?

Surely the fact that we were born in UK, lived here all our lives some 32 and 40 years, should show that our English Language is going to be reasonably OK?? ha ha
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure which Visa is it Skilled, my husband on the MODL list if that means anything to anyone!!!??!?!?!?

Surely the fact that we were born in UK, lived here all our lives some 32 and 40 years, should show that our English Language is going to be reasonably OK?? ha ha
Skilled indi 136 maybe, MODL job is always a bonus, decreases the process time, I am not on the MODL, so its still stated at 12 months although its more like 8 or so at the moment.

Yes, living all your life in UK you would think would be enough, but you still need proof!!! (At least that is what my agent said)
Old Aug 10th 2005, 11:01 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Skilled indi 136 maybe, MODL job is always a bonus, decreases the process time, I am not on the MODL, so its still stated at 12 months although its more like 8 or so at the moment.

Yes, living all your life in UK you would think would be enough, but you still need proof!!! (At least that is what my agent said)

How long is it taking at the moment if you are on MODL??
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

How long is it taking at the moment if you are on MODL??
Im pretty sure the offical time is around 6 months, so it could be anything between 4-6 I suppose.