British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Visa application Questions - Help !!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-application-questions-help-220599/)

Olibeneli Mar 29th 2004 8:55 am

Visa application Questions - Help !!!!

Folks,

Last night I filled out the visa form for a skilled independent
application. My wife being a beauty scored 125 points, so we make the grade on that score. She is the main applicant being a midwife. :)

Questions I need help on:

1) Our kids are all on her passport as they are so young (twins of 7 and an 8 year old). Is that a problem?. I put down that they have the same passport number as my wife and will include a photocopy of that page in her passport.

2) Sections that are not applicable - do you just leave them blank or put a big X through them ?

3) Educational transcripts for my wifes qualifications - I can understand they need a copy of her educational transcripts as a midwife (which I have) - but do they need others for her nurse qulaification, her sonography qualification and another medical one (which we are not applying under).

4) Getting the visa - send it to Adelaide OR visit nearest Ozzie mission. What do most poeple do ? I guess the nearest mission to me will be London - has anyone gone that route before ?
Is either of these any quicker ? If I get medicals done, is this where they get taken to if our visa application gets the nod ?

Hopefully the wonderfully helpful folks out there will shed some light on these.

Many thanks - this place is as usual far more helpful than an agent or that emigrate show at sandown !!!

Cheers all

:beer:

S Oldfield Mar 29th 2004 9:14 am

Re: Visa application Questions - Help !!!!

1) Our kids are all on her passport as they are so young (twins of 7 and an 8 year old). Is that a problem?. I put down that they have the same passport number as my wife and will include a photocopy of that page in her passport.

Although not a problem at the moment, could prove an issue in the future.....I would seriously consider getting them their own passports

4) Getting the visa - send it to Adelaide OR visit nearest Ozzie mission. What do most poeple do ? I guess the nearest mission to me will be London - has anyone gone that route before ?
Is either of these any quicker ? If I get medicals done, is this where they get taken to if our visa application gets the nod ?
Think you will find you HAVE to go through Adelaide, but hey, dont quote me!!

Hopefully the wonderfully helpful folks out there will shed some light on these.

Many thanks - this place is as usual far more helpful than an agent or that emigrate show at sandown !!!

Cheers all

:beer: [/QUOTE]

biggy Mar 29th 2004 9:17 am

Originally posted by Olibeneli
Folks,

Last night I filled out the visa form for a skilled independent
application. My wife being a beauty scored 125 points, so we make the grade on that score. She is the main applicant being a midwife. :)

2) Sections that are not applicable - do you just leave them blank or put a big X through them ?

3) Educational transcripts for my wifes qualifications - I can understand they need a copy of her educational transcripts as a midwife (which I have) - but do they need others for her nurse qulaification, her sonography qualification and another medical one (which we are not applying under).

Cheers all

:beer:
Well the only one I know the def answer to it 4- getting the visa. you tick the nearest Ozzie mission, which yes is London when u get your visa grant letter you post it off along with your passports to London and they stick the visa in it.

also we just left blank in all non applicable spaces

the passport one........once your wifes passport runs out the kids will need to have there own one

hope this helps a bit
Heather

biggy Mar 29th 2004 9:39 am

IN THIS PART DID YOU MEAN WHERE DO YOU SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO? OR WERE YOU REFERRING TO WHERE YOU GET YOUR VISA ONCE IT IS GRANTED?

APPLICATION GETS SENT TO ADELAIDE..............................VISA'S GET ISSUED BY POST AT AUSSIE HOUSE LONDON

FFS I HAVE COMFUSED MYSELF NOW :rolleyes:

Olibeneli Mar 29th 2004 9:52 am

Thanks all for the help.

In just a few minutes I have learned that:

1) Send application to adelaide, then if it's all Ok get the passports stamped in London (after medicals and police checks)

2) Get transcripts of everything (even though my wife has had her skills assessed by the Oz Nuring council and it's worth 60 points)........she scored 125 so we have 10 spare !

3) Kids will need a passport of their own but not yet.....we will apply to get their passports after we do or don't get a visa for us all.

cheers...........probably a few quirks yet to come across, but is it seriously worth £1000 to an agent for this when our case is straight forward.............not like we have ex-wifes or ex-husbands or step kids or adopted kids or no english skills or no proof of skills/work experience etc etc.

Money for old rope in our case......

hevs Mar 29th 2004 10:30 am

We had this passport question a few weeks ago and never got to see if it was resolved.

My kids are both on my passport and we had no issues at all during the migration process, or now that we are here in Aus.

Good luck:)