Reload this Page >

Visa Application question

Visa Application question

Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Talking Visa Application question

Hello everybody,
last week we got our nomination letter, we are being sponsored. This week we have to apply for a perm visa (119) , my question is this;
The supporting docs that need to be certified by a professional etc, what do they write on, has anyone any ideas?
What did others put on, if you can help please let us know asap.
Thanks very much
samjam
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:30 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Application question

Hi Sam

We used a solicitor to certify ours, they just used a stamp that said "I hereby certify this is a true copy of the original" and then signed it.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej
Hi Sam

We used a solicitor to certify ours, they just used a stamp that said "I hereby certify this is a true copy of the original" and then signed it.
Thankyou Bridiej,
thats most helpful, our is going to be signed by a radiographer and written not stamped, do you think this will be ok?
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:45 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hello
If I were you I would check on the DIMIA website, as I'm not sure having a radiographer sign then is ok, I'm sure I've read about people having probs when their docs have been certified by medical professionals.
Hope I'm wrong, but best to be sure and save delays.
Carole

Originally Posted by samjam
Hello everybody,
last week we got our nomination letter, we are being sponsored. This week we have to apply for a perm visa (119) , my question is this;
The supporting docs that need to be certified by a professional etc, what do they write on, has anyone any ideas?
What did others put on, if you can help please let us know asap.
Thanks very much
samjam
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjam
Thankyou Bridiej,
thats most helpful, our is going to be signed by a radiographer and written not stamped, do you think this will be ok?
Solicitor, JP or notary public is the only safe option in the UK to certify documents.

Documents certified by bank managers, doctors, teachers etc carry a strong risk of being rejected by DIMIA.

Ask around your circle of friends, colleagues and relatives, you may well find you know someone who's a JP.

Otherwise ring around the local solicitors. Prices vary enormously so avoid the ones with extortionate quotes.

Jeremy