British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Visa application has gone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-application-has-gone-325602/)

ub40fan Sep 13th 2005 9:09 am

Visa application has gone

Well, after phoning DHL at 9.30 on Friday they finally came last night (long frustrating story) at 4.00pm and collected my visa application (138)

I have tracked it and it is now at Heathrow. I feel like I have just sat an exam, come out of the room and decided I didn't even do the course the exam was based on. Do you know what I mean. Slightly confused, slightly scared and very apprehensive.

I suppose the only thing now is to throw myself into the DIY and get the house ready to sell. :scared:

Shirley

kris maynard Sep 13th 2005 9:22 am

Re: Visa application has gone

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Well, after phoning DHL at 9.30 on Friday they finally came last night (long frustrating story) at 4.00pm and collected my visa application (138)

I have tracked it and it is now at Heathrow. I feel like I have just sat an exam, come out of the room and decided I didn't even do the course the exam was based on. Do you know what I mean. Slightly confused, slightly scared and very apprehensive.

I suppose the only thing now is to throw myself into the DIY and get the house ready to sell. :scared:

Shirley

Good Luck

Kris x

parkhigh Sep 13th 2005 9:26 am

Hi Shirley
Get the house on the market asap, you will find many like myself waited until they received their visa and then found it difficult to sell due to chains breaking down etc. We had to validate last march and only yesterday moved out of our house hoorah!
So if i had to repeat the experience thats how i would do it differently.
Good luck and happy decorating.
Irene

Juliecabs Sep 13th 2005 9:29 am

Good Luck with your application.
Looking forward to the "Got it" post. :)
Julie

hilary6 Sep 13th 2005 9:37 am

Good luck Shirley :)

Bix Sep 13th 2005 9:59 am

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I suppose the only thing now is to throw myself into the DIY and get the house ready to sell.

I can think of more exciting things to do Shirley my darling :rolleyes: ;)

Wickedsid Sep 13th 2005 10:11 am

Good luck Shirley
and get cracking on the house!!
Carole :)

DSC_AU Sep 13th 2005 10:15 am

Good luck Shirley... Need an in interior designer for your new home? hehe :)

ub40fan Sep 13th 2005 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Bix
I can think of more exciting things to do Shirley my darling :rolleyes: ;)

So can I Bixie, but unfortunately hubby has gone back to work for the first time in 3 weeks and the kitchen won't paint itself ;)

ub40fan Sep 13th 2005 10:25 am

Originally Posted by DSC_AU
Good luck Shirley... Need an in interior designer for your new home? hehe :)

Could do with one for this one now LOL. I am not very good at persuading hubby that certain things will have to go to make the house more saleable. Like the wine rack he has put on the kitchen wall. Well, seeing as I am painting it, it may just come off and "get lost"!!! :D

ub40fan Sep 13th 2005 10:29 am

I am sure that DIY is as good as a workout at the gym. I am only 5'2" so going up and down the ladder to wash the kitchen celing, scrub the tops of the cupboards etc has got to be doing me good. And at least if I am painting it I get to choose the colour I want. Not like last time when t'other alf decided he wanted a dark colour on the stairs so it would hide the dirt when the kids ran their hands down the stairs. :scared:

It was SO gloomy, it is now painted "sunshine" and with the new carpet fitted later today I think it will look so much better.

Oh well, tea break over, back to the soapy water. :D

Cheers guys

Shirley