Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa application+form 80 query

visa application+form 80 query

Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

smwtorrington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa application+form 80 query

Just a quick query, both the visa application form and form 80 require information about parents. I have not seen my father in ten years and would guess he still lives in the uk- do I need to make this clear on the form or just leave it as a birth date and uk residence. Further when I was younger my father was convicted of fraud, will this and any other conviciton (i.e havent known him for last 10 years) have any effect on my application (ive never commited any crime) - any ideas ??

- Probably not alot I can do anyway but just out of interest why do they need info on parents and siblings

regards

scott
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Scrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really niceScrundlebunny is just really nice

Not seen my brother for years and I wrote just that on the forms, along with the fact that I want nowt to do with him. He has several convictions. My dad has some serious convictions too, but I filled in his name, d o b etc, and there was no problem. They cant police check the relatives that arent going with you, but I guess they want names etc in case they turn up in the future wanting to emigrate too.
I got the visa no hassles, no questions asked.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: visa application+form 80 query

Originally posted by smwtorrington
Just a quick query, both the visa application form and form 80 require information about parents. I have not seen my father in ten years and would guess he still lives in the uk- do I need to make this clear on the form or just leave it as a birth date and uk residence. Further when I was younger my father was convicted of fraud, will this and any other conviciton (i.e havent known him for last 10 years) have any effect on my application (ive never commited any crime) - any ideas ??

- Probably not alot I can do anyway but just out of interest why do they need info on parents and siblings

regards

scott
just give them what they ask for, no more no less, its irrelevant whether or not you have seen him recently. I think they need to know now in case you apply to sponser them in in the future. the only criminal history relevant is that of yourself and anyone else included on your application.