Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa application extension

Visa application extension

Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future
Default Visa application extension

Hi.

We were asked to go for meds and police checks in December but due to holiday and work commitments ( very busy time of year in my trade ) we're just getting round to things now.

We didn't think this was much of a problem until we phoned agent to ask for an extension. We've been told that we may be refused because of delay.

Anyone else had this problem? How did it work out?

Steve.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa application extension

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi.

We were asked to go for meds and police checks in December but due to holiday and work commitments ( very busy time of year in my trade ) we're just getting round to things now.

We didn't think this was much of a problem until we phoned agent to ask for an extension. We've been told that we may be refused because of delay.

Anyone else had this problem? How did it work out?

Steve.
Hi there, did you agent tell you when the deadline was? My OH thought that you had 30 days and I thought it was more like 90 but then again I am confused on a daily basis at the moment. Ring them back at the end of the day you are paying them. Good luck.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi there, did you agent tell you when the deadline was? My OH thought that you had 30 days and I thought it was more like 90 but then again I am confused on a daily basis at the moment. Ring them back at the end of the day you are paying them. Good luck.
Hi.

Agent told us deadline date but said if extension required then contact them nearer deadline which we did.

No mention was made of the importance of this date.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi.

Agent told us deadline date but said if extension required then contact them nearer deadline which we did.

No mention was made of the importance of this date.
Give them a call back in the morning and remind them that they did not stress the importance which is why you did not class it as important. As I said earlier you are paying for their service so make sure that they are doing all they can to get your visas for you. If you do not get any joy from your representative, try speaking to their manager. Good luck.