Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Application Acknowledgement

Visa Application Acknowledgement

Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice
Default Visa Application Acknowledgement

Hi

we sent off our 47SK visa application on the 10th Dec 05 and the Credit card was debited on the 21st Dec 05 but we have not had any acknowledgement that ASPC has received it.

Looking at this site, it seems most of you receive acknowledgement around the same time the credit card has been debited. Has anyone else not received acknowledgement? I have e-mailed ASPC about this and they sent back and auto response saying they didn't acknowledge documents and I don't want to phone them and start hassling if I shouldn't be concerned.......at the same time, I don't want there to be a problem and we aren't receiving response from ASPC.

Any advice welcome

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:47 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa Application Acknowledgement

Originally Posted by Sun n Surf
Hi

we sent off our 47SK visa application on the 10th Dec 05 and the Credit card was debited on the 21st Dec 05 but we have not had any acknowledgement that ASPC has received it.

Looking at this site, it seems most of you receive acknowledgement around the same time the credit card has been debited. Has anyone else not received acknowledgement? I have e-mailed ASPC about this and they sent back and auto response saying they didn't acknowledge documents and I don't want to phone them and start hassling if I shouldn't be concerned.......at the same time, I don't want there to be a problem and we aren't receiving response from ASPC.

Any advice welcome

Cheers
Are you using a migration agent? if so they'll probably have recieved your acknowlegement... if not then the fact that they've taken the money from your CC means they have your application.

I'm sure it'll be fine!
Sonic x
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really niceSun n Surf is just really nice

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Are you using a migration agent? if so they'll probably have recieved your acknowlegement... if not then the fact that they've taken the money from your CC means they have your application.

I'm sure it'll be fine!
Sonic x

Thanks Sonic. No migration agent but I know they have got it because they got their priorities right and debited the C/C. I'm sure you're right and it will be fine, just have worries of the e-mail not getting through or something and we miss the boat with the visa.

I'll leave it for another couple of months and contact them if I haven't heard anything from them about getting meds done.

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

gary + mandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sonic. No migration agent but I know they have got it because they got their priorities right and debited the C/C. I'm sure you're right and it will be fine, just have worries of the e-mail not getting through or something and we miss the boat with the visa.

I'll leave it for another couple of months and contact them if I haven't heard anything from them about getting meds done.

Cheers
Ring and check that your e-mail did not get lost.Same happened to us we rang immi [00611300364613] and recieved the next day.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gary + mandy
Ring and check that your e-mail did not get lost.Same happened to us we rang immi [00611300364613] and recieved the next day.
Cool thanks Gary and Mandy - will give them a quick buzz tomorrow (early rise for me then) to check. Would be happier knowing that we have an acknowledgement and case number.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

gary + mandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool thanks Gary and Mandy - will give them a quick buzz tomorrow (early rise for me then) to check. Would be happier knowing that we have an acknowledgement and case number.
I phoned at 10.30pm,9.00am oz time.That way you could phone tonight,bet you dont do waiting.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

I phoned at 10.30pm,9.00am oz time.That way you could phone tonight,bet you dont do waiting.
Now there's a thought. Are they 10.30 hours ahead? I thought they were 10 hours ahead but either way, guess I can stay up till 11.00pm. He He
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Now there's a thought. Are they 10.30 hours ahead? I thought they were 10 hours ahead but either way, guess I can stay up till 11.00pm. He He
Good luck with the phone call Sun. Let us know how you get on.

Mhairi
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

same here waiting for 3months then finally rang them
acknowledgement email arrived within hours
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:41 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Any advice welcome

Cheers
No worries! sometimes you get ack once with the meds!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by skywalker
No worries! sometimes you get ack once with the meds!
Thanks for all your responses guys. Called them last night and they said that they would send the e-mail on again and gave me a case number. They said that the process had started on the 19th Dec 05! Yipee and that the normal time length was about 6 months (hoping sooner if poss) so hopefully by June we will know!!!