Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa application

Visa application

Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

jimozbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa application

Last year I tried to make a start on visa application to OZ. I had the points in theory, then they wanted loads of paperwork about my achievments at work, family tree how many people reported to me. Then they asked for confirmation from my firm about my achievements. Needless to say the company could or would not help. I am now 46 so points total has dropped.
Considering early retirement visa application especially in 5 years as my daughter hopes to apply after UNI. If this happens would like to join her as she is our only one. Can we apply for such a thing?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa application

Originally Posted by jimozbound
Last year I tried to make a start on visa application to OZ. I had the points in theory, then they wanted loads of paperwork about my achievments at work, family tree how many people reported to me. Then they asked for confirmation from my firm about my achievements. Needless to say the company could or would not help. I am now 46 so points total has dropped.
Considering early retirement visa application especially in 5 years as my daughter hopes to apply after UNI. If this happens would like to join her as she is our only one. Can we apply for such a thing?
Hi Jim
try posting this question on the immigration forum- you're more likely to get a response there (click on the drop down menu at "forum jump" at the bottom left of the page and go to Australia and New Zealand immigration)
Good luck
Yv
Old Jun 17th 2005, 1:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application

Originally Posted by jimozbound
Ask on the immigration forum if you want more replies.

However you will need to be more specific - did you apply for a visa or not, and was it refused or not?
Do you have close relatives in Australia?

Be aware of the general skilled age bar of 45, which also applies (albeit with concessions) to business skilled, investor and employer nominated migration.

You need to be 55+ and without dependents to be eligible for the Retirement visa.

Jeremy