Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

Wikiposts

Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Here we go:

Q. How can I check the progress of my assessment?
A. You are able to check on the progress of your qualification assessment via the ICAA secure website.

To access these progress details:

1. Click on the following link and login: https://members.icaa.org.au/customer/formslogin.asp

2. Your login is:

Username: NNNNNN (the ICAA should tell you this
Password: your date of birth (8 digits ie NNNN19NN)
If you have problems logging in, please contact [email protected].

3. Once logged in, select 'Qualifications Assess' from the Navigation Bar on the left side of the screen.

4. You should see your Qualification Assessment listed with one of the following statuses:

In Progress: We have received the assessment and it is being assessed.

Awaiting Information: We have received the assessment. Further information has been requested/is needed before we can proceed.

Closed: The assessment was completed and a letter sent out on the closed date.

We recommend that you login to the secure site to check on the progress of your application.

For further information contact [email protected] or phone us on 02 9290 5732.
Thanks so much, this is great info. I love this forum...although I think I'm hooked...loads of house stuff to do, but can't quite mange to turn the laptop off!!!!!
Will let you know if (when hopefully!!) assessment is passed. Yours was very quick....is this the norm now? I hope so....
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:21 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Thanks so much, this is great info. I love this forum...although I think I'm hooked...loads of house stuff to do, but can't quite mange to turn the laptop off!!!!!
Will let you know if (when hopefully!!) assessment is passed. Yours was very quick....is this the norm now? I hope so....
I think I was exceptionally lucky with mine only taking 10 days. Others applied at the same time and took a few weeks longer.

Maybe I just landed on the top of the pile!

Actually, my agent advised me to send my (rather long and detailed) CV with the assessment even though ICAA don't normally ask for it. As I'm CIMA as well, I just assumed it would takes ages.

So, you never can tell! Good luck!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:34 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

It seems we have turned this into the accountants thread A few comments:

ICAA would not give me a reference number despite several requests (ignored rather than declined) and I had to wait about 11 weeks (I think) in total.

I did think twice about letting that cat out of the bag that we only give the impression we know it all but it is part of my one man quest to dispel the Monty Python image of accountants. (This will stir things up I bet, but if you want to see some REALLY boring people then look at engineers if the ones I have worked with in my last 2 companies are anything to go by)

I think sonictigger is right about all the interesting accountants heading down under. When I looked at some of the grey people I have worked with in recent years who would rather be at work than at home it helped me make the decision to do something as radical as emigrating.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 10:36 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
So does anyone have any tips for stuff we can be getting on with (a life perhaps?) in the meantime to spread the load a bit?
Whatever you do, never eat yellow snow!

Link - Post #10

Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
My advice is get the house up for sale as soon as possible, otherwise you could be left with a nightmare like we have, needing to validate and so little time, we got our visas in October, put the house up for sale the first week in October, and have had the grand sum of one offer!!!!!!!! a low one at that but we will probably be taking it.

Get it sold now, providing you have a cast iron application, and you could always live at relatives until you go.

Good luck
D