Visa agencies

Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

paul&sharon is on a distinguished road
Default Visa agencies

Is it better to apply for a visa through an agency or do it yourself? We have just recieved a report back from VISA PLUS and all it seems to say is they will advise us through the process. The bill at the end of this will be £4000. This seems alot for what they do. Anyone got experience either way? I think I need to add that this application is for a family. 2 adults and 2 kids and as for any complications I do have a child from a previous marriage

Last edited by paul&sharon; Mar 27th 2004 at 10:26 am.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:54 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,

I had a quote from GoMatilda for much less than that. To do main application it was £695 + Vat. That was to do main application as I had already done assessment myself.
We were going to application ourselves as it is possible but we now have a problem with meds as Andrew has 2 children form his marriage. It all gets really complicated so we have decided to try getting through it with an agent. Agents seem to have very different opinions about what about requirements. At Emigrate 2004 we talked to just about every agent there. Some were quite obviously just out to take our money as they said 'no worries, if they are not going with you, you won't need meds for them'. We now know for a fact that this is not true.
My advice to you, do a search on here to see who is using who. E-mail them with your requirements and get a quote from them.

Best of luck
Sarah
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:15 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Visa agencies

Hiya paul&sharon,

I'm all for DIY

I can think oth better things to spend £4000 on

bye
Mark
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:29 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paul&sharon
Is it better to apply for a visa through an agency or do it yourself? We have just recieved a report back from VISA PLUS and all it seems to say is they will advise us through the process. The bill at the end of this will be £4000. This seems alot for what they do. Anyone got experience either way?
I think it depends on if you have 'complications' or not. If you are certain that you meet the requirements, have had skills assessed, have no kids from previous marriage, or divorce in progress, or health problems ..... then it seems to me that any help you get is not worth £4000. If you do have any complications then perhaps I would get advice from the experts.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:51 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi wmoore,

yep, if it's very complex then an agent might nmake it easier, but £4000 is still alot in my book.

The booklets on DIMIA website is quite good and there are enough people on here with first hand experience.
Remember it's supposed to be a process you can do without an agent.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:55 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh
yep, if it's very complex then an agent might nmake it easier, but £4000 is still alot in my book.
Too true. £4000 seeems very high. I've seen comprehensive services starting at about £700. I have used LiveIn Australia for advice only and that cost me £135. They offer a full service where they act on your behalf and double-check all the forms for you before sending that is about £1000.

My case should be straightforward (that is in terms of the complications I mentioned) and if I knew then what I know now I could have saved myself £135 but there you go.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:11 am
Happy Daddy

Well wmoore,

the £135 you paid seams more like it to me!
That's £3865 you would have saved on the £4000 fee.

So what are you thinking of spending it on?

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:38 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally posted by markeh
Well wmoore,

the £135 you paid seams more like it to me!
That's £3865 you would have saved on the £4000 fee.

So what are you thinking of spending it on?

Bye
Mark
It's not so much of 'what am I going to spend it on' as 'what I didn't have to sacrifice to stump up that kid of cash in the first place'!!
However, it's Saturday and I'm thinking