Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Advice Please....!!!

Visa Advice Please....!!!

Old May 18th 2004, 9:38 am
Just Joined

DougsYute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Advice Please....!!!

my arranged sponsored employment in oz has just hit a major snag. i now have to assume it won't happen.

can anyone advise on my next best route??

i am now planning to head off to australia on a working holiday visa (with a permanent residence visa lodged). during this time i will continue looking for permanent jobs and if i find one prepared to sponsor me i will sort out a long stay temporary visa until my permanent residence visa comes through.

if i don't find any permanent work out there it should be no problem because hopefully the permanent residence visa will be granted within the year of my working holiday visa anyway.

does anyone have experience of a similar situation, and if so does it sounds realistic. please help i am gutted about my sponsorship falling through and want to find the next best and quickest way to get out there as another day in my dull grey english desk job will send me mad!!

thanks..

Old May 18th 2004, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Lostinreading is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Advice Please....!!!

How did it fall through, this may be important in your next steps.
Old May 18th 2004, 9:55 am
Just Joined

DougsYute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Advice Please....!!!

Originally posted by Lostinreading
How did it fall through, this may be important in your next steps.
the company who was/is planning to sponsor me are very new, and looking into the application in more detail it has become apparent that it may not be successful on the grounds that they do not have years of financial records to show they can support me (medical care, getting me out of the country if required (!) etc). so really whilst we will still try the sponsored application, its looking bad.

but thats it, nothing to do with myself, I haven't even put any applications in yet. just waiting to do it. until getting the news from my potential sponsor today.