Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Visa?? Advice

Which Visa?? Advice

Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Cool Which Visa?? Advice

My partner and I are looking to migrate to Auz.
I am 34, 50 points PR job, uncle in Auz - i can get a skilled sponsored visa.

However, my partner 49 is too old for the skilled visa - we have sufficient funds what options can people suggest to get us permanet residence i AUz. Any loopholes to get us over.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

JackieXXX
Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Polly58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Visa?? Advice

Hi Jackie

I think the skilled sponsored visa would be best, as you get an extra 15 points - also I think the pass mark for sponsored is still 110 as opposed to 115.
We're going via the sponsored route but still need to put in the $100000 bond for the last vital 5 points!!
I'm not sure about the situation with your partners age but someone I worked with - I think was over 45 - so his wife applied and they got the visa and he just tagged onto hers, he obviously couldn't contribute any points.
Good luck

Sonia & Andy
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Smile

Cheers for the information - so does that mean that it is best to apply as a couple? do you each need to get sufficient points individually??

Sonia and Andy - where u off to?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:48 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by jacknscoob
Cheers for the information - so does that mean that it is best to apply as a couple? do you each need to get sufficient points individually??

Sonia and Andy - where u off to?
You apply as the main applicant...he just goes as your spouse...thats what I'm doing...As long as you can rack up the points it doesnt matter...
Down load the application form 47SK and have a look through it ...n you'l see what we mean...

Last edited by peppi; Feb 8th 2004 at 7:56 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Visa?? Advice

Originally posted by jacknscoob
My partner and I are looking to migrate to Auz.
I am 34, 50 points PR job, uncle in Auz - i can get a skilled sponsored visa.

However, my partner 49 is too old for the skilled visa - we have sufficient funds what options can people suggest to get us permanet residence i AUz. Any loopholes to get us over.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

JackieXXX
If you get a PR visa then your partner can go on the same visa providing you are married or can prove a long-term relationship.

If you are in a same - sex relationship (you did not say) then you need to look at interdependency.
It is all on the DIMIA website :

www.immi.gov.au

Good luck

G