Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa 139 problems - can anyone help??

Visa 139 problems - can anyone help??

Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:24 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future
Exclamation Visa 139 problems - can anyone help??

OK, our medicals expire at the end of October so we have to be in Oz by then.

Our sponsor has just told us she hasn't paid the bond yet as she hasn't received the correct forms, but the thing is she is in the UK for another few months so can't deposit the bond in person...

Is this a problem? I know the usual process is for them to go into Commonwealth bank and open and account then deposit the money... does anyone know if the bond can be deposited any other way e.g. wired to them, as she isn't in Australia??

We have sold our house and quit our jobs and shipped our stuff (and the cats go in a couple of weeks) so are at our wits end. Please help!!
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 139 problems - can anyone help??

Originally Posted by ljk888

Our sponsor has just told us she hasn't paid the bond yet as she hasn't received the correct forms, but the thing is she is in the UK for another few months so can't deposit the bond in person...

Is this a problem? I know the usual process is for them to go into Commonwealth bank and open and account then deposit the money... does anyone know if the bond can be deposited any other way e.g. wired to them, as she isn't in Australia??

We have sold our house and quit our jobs and shipped our stuff (and the cats go in a couple of weeks) so are at our wits end. Please help!!
Have you contacted your CO to explain the situation? That may be a good starting point, and they may be able to advise you how to proceed.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:00 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

The thing is, our sponsor told us she had paid at the beginning of september so we've been sorta bugging our CO a little bit ("have Centrelink been in contact yet? Have they have they have they???" ) and I don't want to go and tell her that I've been hounding her for nothing. She could be the understanding type though so might give it a go...

Just trying not to panic!

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Have you contacted your CO to explain the situation? That may be a good starting point, and they may be able to advise you how to proceed.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Don't know the answers to your questions but I would just like to say, all the very best mate and hope it works out for you in the end.

Cheers
Jane
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:53 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

your gonna have to contact your CO as delaying is only going to make things worse. you could also try phoning the Commonwealth bank and seeing if it is possible for your sponsor to open the account from the UK. Even paying the bond now I would say that you are pushing it, after the bond was paid we waited 2 weeks before we were told we had our visa(by looking at others this timeline has gone up to over 3 weeks) The u have to send your passports away to get the visa's put in......that will take a minimum of 4 days.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:55 pm

The thing is, our sponsor told us she had paid at the beginning of september so we've been sorta bugging our CO a little bit ("have Centrelink been in contact yet? Have they have they have they???" ) and I don't want to go and tell her that I've been hounding her for nothing. She could be the understanding type though so might give it a go...

Im afraid it is time to panic and get ya finger oot....its not as simple as paying the bond into the bank...and getting the visa there is a lot of paperwork involved and time I am afraid.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you have any alternative to contacting your CO, do you?
As biggy says, delay can only worsen the situation.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Hate to say it but I think you need to start considering getting your meds and police checks re-done as they'll soon expire.

I find your timeline a bit confusing! why has it taken so long for the bond to be lodged? when was the centrelink interview?

Hope it works out for you
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:27 pm

any news yet?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:33 pm

on thinking about things, i hate to sound harsh here but why in the name of sanity did you do u meds on 21/10/05 when you only got Acknowledgement email received from Adelaide 12/09/05 that ur app had been received, things take time ya know, they cant be rushed
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

okeydokey, I am going to be harsh....

What is your relationship with your sponsor REALLY like?

The thing is, our sponsor told us she had paid at the beginning of september ...

Sounds like your sponsor lied has lied to you.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:03 pm
Laura & Nick

Originally Posted by biggy
your gonna have to contact your CO as delaying is only going to make things worse. you could also try phoning the Commonwealth bank and seeing if it is possible for your sponsor to open the account from the UK. Even paying the bond now I would say that you are pushing it, after the bond was paid we waited 2 weeks before we were told we had our visa(by looking at others this timeline has gone up to over 3 weeks) The u have to send your passports away to get the visa's put in......that will take a minimum of 4 days.
We've already tried Commonwealth bank but it just goes to answerphone and they haven't rung us back!

We've been told by our CO we'll get the visa with 7 days of them getting confirmation from Commonwealth bank, so I'm not too worried about that, just about the opening of the account.

I don't think you have to send the passport away - surely you can just go into the Australian embassy?? That's what we've been told anyway...

I thought the process was that the sponsor opens an account at Commonwealth bank and deposits the money, gets a receipt, sends/emails the receipt to CO and then (hopefully) get visa granted, and we pick up from any Aussie embassy...?
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:08 pm
Laura & Nick

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
okeydokey, I am going to be harsh....

What is your relationship with your sponsor REALLY like?

Sounds like your sponsor lied has lied to you.
I think it's more a case of mis-communication... she said she was doing it 'as we speak' and I took that a bit too literally!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's more a case of mis-communication... she said she was doing it 'as we speak' and I took that a bit too literally!

OK
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:10 pm

We've already tried Commonwealth bank but it just goes to answerphone and they haven't rung us back!

We've been told by our CO we'll get the visa with 7 days of them getting confirmation from Commonwealth bank, so I'm not too worried about that, just about the opening of the account.

I don't think you have to send the passport away - surely you can just go into the Australian embassy?? That's what we've been told anyway...

I thought the process was that the sponsor opens an account at Commonwealth bank and deposits the money, gets a receipt, sends/emails the receipt to CO and then (hopefully) get visa granted, and we pick up from any Aussie embassy...?
As far as I am aware Australia House dont take passports over the counter to get stickers in(unless it has changed) nope just found THIS And as I said before it took more than 7 days for our visa grant letter to get emailed to our agent. All I can say now is your meds run out in 21 days Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.