Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Virtual Secretary" - is there a demand in Adelaide?

"Virtual Secretary" - is there a demand in Adelaide?

Old Jan 11th 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice
Default "Virtual Secretary" - is there a demand in Adelaide?

Hi all,

I work from home in the UK - as a "Virtual Secretary" - and wondered if there is a demand for this service in Adelaide?

It's basically "Admin and Secretarial" work - which small companies/businesses tend to send their Invoicing, typing, filing etc to be done - instead of employing their own Full-time Administrator or Secretary. Work can either be emailed, faxed through to me or if it's dictaphone typing then the transcription can either be delivered to me or emailed. I also do basic letters, CV's. It is very successful in the UK.

Do you think I could continue this line of work from home when we eventually move over to Adelaide?

tx again
Marion (Maz)
Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Virtual Secretary" - is there a demand in Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Devonfamily
Hi all,

I work from home in the UK - as a "Virtual Secretary" - and wondered if there is a demand for this service in Adelaide?

It's basically "Admin and Secretarial" work - which small companies/businesses tend to send their Invoicing, typing, filing etc to be done - instead of employing their own Full-time Administrator or Secretary. Work can either be emailed, faxed through to me or if it's dictaphone typing then the transcription can either be delivered to me or emailed. I also do basic letters, CV's. It is very successful in the UK.

Do you think I could continue this line of work from home when we eventually move over to Adelaide?

tx again
Marion (Maz)
Contact Bridie. She does the same thing only she's in WA but I think she still has clients in the UK so there are no barriers in that respect.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:34 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Contact Bridie. She does the same thing only she's in WA but I think she still has clients in the UK so there are no barriers in that respect.
Wow that sounds great. I did look into this a when we were in the UK but for some reason didnt take it any further - wish I had now given how difficult it is to find part time work here!

If you could send any info my way I would be very appreciative
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

koalasue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Just read your thread abouting being a "Virtual Secretary", and you say you were very successful in this in the UK? Could you possibly tell me how you started this as l would very much like to do the same, as l cannot go out to work at the moment even though l would love too! Good luck with it in Adelaide by the way.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Devonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really niceDevonfamily is just really nice

Hi again,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, just got back from going for a drive through Dartmoor (10mins from our house). Just needed to get out the house after staring at 4 walls the whole week with this yuk weather!

For those who PM'd me or asked for more info about "Virtual Secretarial" work. This is my story very briefly!

Career Wise - before I had my son 9yrs ago I worked Full-time as Administrator/Secretary/PA/Sales Support (different Companys).

From when I had my son I worked for my brother doing Admin/Secretarial work from home (He has a very large Security Company in London - covering different areas of the UK which supplies Security to NHS, Salvation Army, YMCA's, Housing Assoc's, Harvey Nicols etc etc etc).

I then moved to Devon in 2005 which is when I started off as a "Virtual Secretary" as a Sub-Contractor to another lady who has her own "Virtual Secretarial" Business. She is moving back to USA so thought I'd do it myself. Her business offered their Services 24/7 (so her phones ring at any mad hour). I have to say I won't be answering phones through the night...lol - but obviously clients can email or fax work through at anytime - with realistic deadlines. Once any typing/admin work is completed by me I then either scan, email or fax the Client back with the completed document file to be approved. The Client then signs and approves, payment is made and then Document is printed and released to Client for their use etc. For an added cost, the documents/admin work that I have produced can be saved to CD Rom, memory stick (in Read-only Format). Obviously I sign a "Privacy" Document with each client - with regards to the "Content" of their items remaining "Highly Confidential" at all times.

I could be here forever telling you about my business - so I'll end now. Should you need any further info or be interested you can PM me.

Hope this helps (to the ladies who have asked me about it).

Fiance' & son - now nagging me for dinner as I'v been on here for so long...lol.

chat again later

Maz