Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Virgin Credit Card have closed doors to new custom

Virgin Credit Card have closed doors to new custom

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:11 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Virgin Credit Card have closed doors to new custom

It looks as though the highly successful Virgin Credit Card has now closed it's doors to new customers:

Link

I wonder if this is to do with the global credit crunch and the supply of credit drying up, if it has been too successful having a company offering a fee free card with no catches, or if it was just unprofitable.

Interesting. It would appear that Westpac are going to continue to run the existing Virgin cards without a change, so time will tell if they will be introduced with a fee.

I'm not sure who else offers fee free cards now.

S
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:13 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Virgin Credit Card have closed doors to new custom

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It looks as though the highly successful Virgin Credit Card has now closed it's doors to new customers:

Link

I wonder if this is to do with the global credit crunch and the supply of credit drying up, if it has been too successful having a company offering a fee free card with no catches, or if it was just unprofitable.

Interesting. It would appear that Westpac are going to continue to run the existing Virgin cards without a change, so time will tell if they will be introduced with a fee.

S
Virgin say that Westpac will not begin charging for the card, and all the Mates Rates etc will continue to be offered.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:18 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not related but there are rumours of finance issues with Virgin Blue and Virgin America
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:27 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

Link

S

I'd better hang onto it.

Here are some more fee free cards

The bankwest one looks good.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Apr 23rd 2008 at 2:29 am.