Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Violence in Perth and other cities

Violence in Perth and other cities

Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Violence in Perth and other cities

How many reading these posts and similar in the "Back to the UK" forum are having second thoughts about completing the immigration process?

Do the reports of violence indicate an increase in drunkeness in youth?

Perth is reported to have a high Brit population so is the binge booze violence evident in the UK spreading to Oz by the Brits?
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Violence in Perth and other cities

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
How many reading these posts and similar in the "Back to the UK" forum are having second thoughts about completing the immigration process?

Perth is reported to have a high Brit population so is the binge booze violence evident in the UK spreading to Oz by the Brits?
Boozing and violence in Aus a consequence of British immigration? Jesus Christ mate, tell me you're kidding ?
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:20 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Lightbulb Re: Violence in Perth and other cities

You know it makes sense....
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:35 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Disenchanted, marginalised youth are found in most capitalist societies because social justice issues don't get addressed adequately. It's a complex issue and one that will only continue to get worse until the economic rationalists either die off or are voted out. Boredom, lack of money, lack of opportunities, lack of service provision, and families lacking coping skills, genuine interest in their offspring, and economic security all contribute.

Singapore and Japan have low crime rates but then Singapore has a harsh disciplinarian system, and in Japan family honour is still a big deal so much so that there have been instances of kids commiting suicide cos they have too much pressure put on them to achieve academically.

Educated parents who lead by example, take an active interest in their children's welfare and education, display a level of morality that fits societal expectation, show affection and support and encourage gradual increases in responsibility as the child grows combined with adequate service provision by the government, would go a long way to addressing these problems in the future.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 12:39 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, yep, can't believe some people.

You don't think this happens in for example the Netherlands too?
And nearly every other western country.

My theory is that Oz was 'behind' for a while, with lots of things like crime and house prizes etc, but is now catching up, fast!
Also for example racism, but it's now becoming a bit more politically correct.

I think all western countries are headed in the same direction, at different speeds and levels. (don't aks me what direction, or how to fix it though... Oh, and some of the things are good of course)

Last edited by Simone; Mar 9th 2005 at 12:42 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:26 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Not putting me off at all, i live in one of the nicest parts of the uk, but it still as its problems.
There are stories in local papers of murders, rapes, etc You name it and it happens. The street i live in is very nice all familys with young kids but well known local drugy moved in the other month and been raided twice that i know of by the cops!!!
In the town centre there are windows smashed all the time, fights, stabbings, glassings in pubs, ram raids. I could go no .........
But it realy is a sought after area very high property prices etc and the crime rate is half the uk average.
The way i see it there are probs every where.
For us there is no way i could afford a house any bigger that the 2 bed box we live in now. So moving to perth i can get 4 beds not 2 beds and wipe out most if not all of the mortgage.
Add to that the life style weather etc and i will be happy and settled.
I love surfing but water and waves here are cold and flat, The freezing temps and lack of day light in winter kill me.
I know what oz is like lived there before and now can afford to live there in comfort.
The hoons drunks etc will not stop me living a better life.
Bring it on
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said, regardless of what the Daily Mail says, it is a worldwide problem not a British problem.

Some countries possibly deal with it better than others.

Renth's problem was horrendous, but the most quoted phrase on here must be "same sh*t, shinier bucket" - very true but to be honest, although I hate that side of life, how scary and wierd would life be if everyone behaved themselves and there were no hoons, drunks, druggies etc. We would be living in Orwell's 1984 and I will give that a miss thank you.

All you can do, is try and educate and love your children enough and ensure they understand good and bad behaviour and the rights and wrongs of life.

Think I need to go and lie down now. Don't often get that serious :scared:
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:28 pm

Maybe the reason most of those trying to emigate are shocked by crime etc is that (and its a general thing ok ) most of those going to oz are those that are skilled and have stableish lives.
Been to uni , college ,etc work hard , dont break the law (if you do then no entry ) and are trying better themselves, and improve live for the family.
No one likes crime but it happens & normaly to someone else
Old Mar 9th 2005, 5:20 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Of course I blame eastenders
Old Mar 9th 2005, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Of course I blame eastenders
Hey don't knock eastenders its perfect if you are feelin to happy and want to come down and frown
Note you have not much karma so sending you some as i love your fireman and advise all others to do the same
How is the house build coming or should i not ask ?

Sorry run out of karma again give it tomorrow

Last edited by Perthforme; Mar 9th 2005 at 7:00 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 5:54 pm

oh worked now there u go pompeywill
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:52 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Not putting me off at all, i live in one of the nicest parts of the uk, but it still as its problems.
There are stories in local papers of murders, rapes, etc You name it and it happens. The street i live in is very nice all familys with young kids but well known local drugy moved in the other month and been raided twice that i know of by the cops!!!
In the town centre there are windows smashed all the time, fights, stabbings, glassings in pubs, ram raids. I could go no .........
But it realy is a sought after area very high property prices etc and the crime rate is half the uk average.
The way i see it there are probs every where.
For us there is no way i could afford a house any bigger that the 2 bed box we live in now. So moving to perth i can get 4 beds not 2 beds and wipe out most if not all of the mortgage.
Add to that the life style weather etc and i will be happy and settled.
I love surfing but water and waves here are cold and flat, The freezing temps and lack of day light in winter kill me.
I know what oz is like lived there before and now can afford to live there in comfort.
The hoons drunks etc will not stop me living a better life.
Bring it on
Interesting. I used to live in Richmond in London, a very nice area. On friday night after kicking out time there was always loads of fights, screaming & shouting, vandalism etc. It can happen anywhere.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:58 pm
aussie73

Crime in OZ is no worse or slighly lower then the Uk, so it is no reason not to immigrate to OZ because you are no more likely to be a victim of crime in OZ then the Uk. If you want to advoid crime then immigrate to some boring country like Singapore.

Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
As others have said, regardless of what the Daily Mail says, it is a worldwide problem not a British problem.

Some countries possibly deal with it better than others.

Renth's problem was horrendous, but the most quoted phrase on here must be "same sh*t, shinier bucket" - very true but to be honest, although I hate that side of life, how scary and wierd would life be if everyone behaved themselves and there were no hoons, drunks, druggies etc. We would be living in Orwell's 1984 and I will give that a miss thank you.

All you can do, is try and educate and love your children enough and ensure they understand good and bad behaviour and the rights and wrongs of life.

Think I need to go and lie down now. Don't often get that serious :scared:
Something similar happened down the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago (& on other occasions).
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Blame britain

Get real, aussies are the perfect race on brit TV only. In real life we could could drink, spew, swear, fight, steal, crash cars, hoon, shag and generally misbehave just as well as any other race, in fact probably better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.