Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

views wanted please on these NZ areas......

Wikiposts

views wanted please on these NZ areas......

Old Nov 1st 2003, 10:30 am
Just Joined

wotwots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: views wanted please on these NZ areas......

Originally posted by markjohnno
There is a beautiful place that seems to have been neglected - 1 hour from Tauranga in the east Bay of plenty - Whakatane.

It has the highest sunshine hours in New Zealand,great beaches,fishing tramping and all the amenities and more of larger towns.

we have been here for 6 months now and are building 3 mins walk from beautiful coastlands beach ,on a 700 sq metere section for $255000 all in.

Whakatane still retains a small town feel to it being only 16000 population.

Move quick though as this little undiscovered secret place is fast becoming discovered.
:scared:
Old Nov 1st 2003, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Janiac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: views wanted please on these NZ areas......

Originally posted by markjohnno
There is a beautiful place that seems to have been neglected - 1 hour from Tauranga in the east Bay of plenty - Whakatane.
It has the highest sunshine hours in New Zealand,great beaches,fishing tramping and all the amenities and more of larger towns. we have been here for 6 months now and are building 3 mins walk from beautiful coastlands beach ,on a 700 sq metere section for $255000 all in. Whakatane still retains a small town feel to it being only 16000 population.
Move quick though as this little undiscovered secret place is fast becoming discovered.
Sounds wonderful!!!! Put the kettle on......I'm on my way!
Old Nov 1st 2003, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

I spent my first few months of my life in NZ in Ohope, the amazing beach township next to Whakatane. It truly is as lovely as described above, but, it is on the 'small town' side of things.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

We liked Whakatane a lot! More affordable than Tauranga etc too. Bit more limited than the 5 big cities for professions, though.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:26 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
We liked Whakatane a lot! More affordable than Tauranga etc too. Bit more limited than the 5 big cities for professions, though.

What line of work are you into if you don't mind me asking?
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 5:32 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by deedee
What line of work are you into if you don't mind me asking?
Apart from plumbing, do you mean?! Gen mgt, marketing. Thinking of starting our own business.

But I used to be a yokel like you deedee, YFC for many great younger years in the Bucks countryside...
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 6:12 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

country yokel Go for it and start your own business, although it must be rather difficult not knowing everyone and everything here.We were the same when we came here,it just takes time to get to know who to use, who's reliable, where to get things.Its gets better as time goes on and i find its easier to do business here than in the UK.There are fewer people out to rip you off here per head compared to the UK in my opinion(not yet been crooked touch wood)Good luck wished your way
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:58 pm
Don
Banned

country yokel Go for it and start your own business, although it must be rather difficult not knowing everyone and everything here.We were the same when we came here,it just takes time to get to know who to use, who's reliable, where to get things.Its gets better as time goes on and i find its easier to do business here than in the UK.There are fewer people out to rip you off here per head compared to the UK in my opinion(not yet been crooked touch wood)Good luck wished your way
Thanks! We have got a few great ideas that don't seem to have been tried here yet...one of them would depend on Kauri trees surviving the winter though.

Passed that guy's 'snacks in boxes' idea today, ie you put the money in and get a hot pie out of the pigeon holes, glass windows show the fare on offer. Looked a bit unappetising and I think our Jap friends got there years ago.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:58 pm
Don
Banned

Thanks! We have got a few great ideas that don't seem to have been tried here yet...one of them would depend on Kauri trees surviving the winter though.

Passed that guy's 'snacks in boxes' idea today, ie you put the money in and get a hot pie out of the pigeon holes, glass windows show the fare on offer. Looked a bit unappetising and I think our Jap friends got there years ago.