Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vietnam Airlines

Vietnam Airlines

Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:02 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vietnam Airlines

Anybody have any experiences?

I'm flying to Paris in June, and they are offering rock bottom prices - But is there a reason why...?

S
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vietnam Airlines

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

I'm flying to Paris in June, and they are offering rock bottom prices - But is there a reason why...?

S
A different era, but in the early '90s I flew with them from Bangkok to Hanoi in an ancient Russian Tupolev. The Russians may be good at making jet fighters but they don't know shit about building airliners!

Never again

Saying that, they are probably okay today.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:28 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A different era, but in the early '90s I flew with them from Bangkok to Hanoi in an ancient Russian Tupolev. The Russians may be good at making jet fighters but they don't know shit about building airliners!

Never again

Saying that, they are probably okay today.

This route is A330 and 777.

S
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I flew the opposite direction (2004) - HAN to BKK - Airbus A321 I think.

Service and catering was good actually.

If the price is right I wouldn't have an issue with them.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:29 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by bcworld

Well, you're the expert - so I'll take that and book the tix!

S
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you're the expert - so I'll take that and book the tix!

S
LOL...it was 10 years ago...and short haul...I take no responsibility!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:36 am
has lost The Game

LOL...it was 10 years ago...and short haul...I take no responsibility!

They have very mixed reviews on airlinequality.com - but most people seem to be complaining about unfriendly attendants and broken in flight entertainment - which won't bother me.

The alternative is China Southern via Ghanzhou, but it's nearly 8 hours there, as opposed to just over 2 in Hanoi.

S
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

My flight was in 1994 - a different era. Hanoi and its airport was like something out of the '40s
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:09 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Ever seen snakes on a plane?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Mister176 is an unknown quantity at this point

S
I'd given it a go, often the saving is enough to treat yourself to an extra mini-holiday, or buy you that pair of shoes that you've always longed for.

Plus, it's just a means of transport, you can take a sleeping pill and sleep right through it or stay awake and have a little exotic adventure in the air.

Worse comes to worst, you will at least know for yourself that it's not for you and can avoid it in the future. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

I flew with China Eastern once, not the best experience but if they are 1/3 off Qantas price hell yeah I would do it again to buy myself an iPad!
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:39 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Mister176
I'd given it a go, often the saving is enough to treat yourself to an extra mini-holiday, or buy you that pair of shoes that you've always longed for.

Plus, it's just a means of transport, you can take a sleeping pill and sleep right through it or stay awake and have a little exotic adventure in the air.

Worse comes to worst, you will at least know for yourself that it's not for you and can avoid it in the future. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

I flew with China Eastern once, not the best experience but if they are 1/3 off Qantas price hell yeah I would do it again to buy myself an iPad!

That's a great way to look at it!

Cheers all.

S
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

I took a couple of internal flights in Vietnam with them a few months ago and they were fine. Obviously not really a reflection on long haul flights but no delays, service fine, etc.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 2:41 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
I took a couple of internal flights in Vietnam with them a few months ago and they were fine. Obviously not really a reflection on long haul flights but no delays, service fine, etc.

Well, they are booked now - Got an excellent deal on them - $1303 return to CDG.

S
Old Apr 9th 2013, 2:58 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a great price for June...Economy I presume?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:00 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by paddyo
Thats a great price for June...Economy I presume?

Yeah - I will never pay my own money for anything else.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.