Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Video Conferencing

Video Conferencing

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:24 pm
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold
Default Video Conferencing

I have an interview coming up in the UK (I'm in Oz) and they would like me to organise a video link up. I have a wee bit of knowledge about computers and such but I'm no tech-head...

Was wondering if any Expats had interviewed by this method to get jobs before coming to Australia? I have a laptop with a webcam - would this be sufficient, or am I better off trying to locate professional facilities? Does anyone know if there are places (such as schools or unis) in Brisbane/Gold Coast area that might let me hire their facilities? (Although it would be a dodgy time of night)

Any advice most appreciated...this could be my ticket to relocating at last and even though I'm going in the opposite direction I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can appreciate how I'm feeling!!! :scared:
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:25 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Video Conferencing

Originally Posted by matildaskye
I have an interview coming up in the UK (I'm in Oz) and they would like me to organise a video link up. I have a wee bit of knowledge about computers and such but I'm no tech-head...

Was wondering if any Expats had interviewed by this method to get jobs before coming to Australia? I have a laptop with a webcam - would this be sufficient, or am I better off trying to locate professional facilities? Does anyone know if there are places (such as schools or unis) in Brisbane/Gold Coast area that might let me hire their facilities? (Although it would be a dodgy time of night)

Any advice most appreciated...this could be my ticket to relocating at last and even though I'm going in the opposite direction I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can appreciate how I'm feeling!!! :scared:
I don't know if it will help or not but there is an article about video conferencing in the article secton.
http://britishexpats.com/articles/ca...one-interviews

Sue
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:03 pm
Wanderer

saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Sue, lots of great tips there...forgot there would be a time delay...eek!

Article assumes I already have access to video conferencing facilities so I'm still keen for info on anywhere in SE Qld that might provide these??? Thanks!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

why dont you try SKYPE its good and free
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:16 am
Wanderer

Okay, I've seen the word occasionally but...what is SKYPE????
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

xabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nicexabialonso is just really nice

you could use the lastest version of msn - windows live messenger - again it is free!

http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

See www.skype.com ...

Best regards.

Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
See www.skype.com ...

Best regards.
i use skype it is much better and not much of a delay