Reload this Page >

Victorian Soccer League

Victorian Soccer League

Old Jan 4th 2009, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

samneric10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victorian Soccer League

Hi All,

My partner and I are coming over to Melbourne to live shortly and I just have one final question!!!

I play semi professional football here in the UK and will want to play when we are in Oz. I know there is the A-League, but I think that is a little bit above me. But I also know there is the Victorian Soccer League. My question is - do the players for the teams in the VSL get paid for playing there football? If so, on average how much do they get paid? I get paid to play here and obviously affects my yearly budget if I then go to not getting paid!

Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Victorian Soccer League

Originally Posted by samneric10
Hi All,

My partner and I are coming over to Melbourne to live shortly and I just have one final question!!!

I play semi professional football here in the UK and will want to play when we are in Oz. I know there is the A-League, but I think that is a little bit above me. But I also know there is the Victorian Soccer League. My question is - do the players for the teams in the VSL get paid for playing there football? If so, on average how much do they get paid? I get paid to play here and obviously affects my yearly budget if I then go to not getting paid!

Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks
Hi there

Yes, there are a few semi-pro teams in Vic but they are few and far between. When I lived in Melbourne I played for a team who I shall shortly be rejoining when we move there in a weeks time - but it was most definately not the standard I was used to in the UK (although that was down to the team and not the people!).

You may get lucky but to be honest, I think you'll be doing it for the fun.

As will I, although I'm now a fat bastard whereas I was once a perfectly formed bastard! Fat may be an exaggeration but soon to hit 40 does mean I'm slower.

I'm babbling. Good luck. Check out

http://www.footballfedvic.com.au/