Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victorian father charged with murder

Wikiposts

Victorian father charged with murder

Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:04 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Victorian father charged with dam murders

http://au.news.yahoo.com/051214/2/x7nd.html

Last edited by fraser; Dec 13th 2005 at 4:10 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victorian father charged with dam murders

Originally Posted by fraser
Poor kids (and poor mum). Seemed a bit dodgy at the time how he went off the road like that and only he got out. Rather than go for help wouldn't you be going in yourself to pull the kids out?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:44 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
Poor kids (and poor mum). Seemed a bit dodgy at the time how he went off the road like that and only he got out. Rather than go for help wouldn't you be going in yourself to pull the kids out?
Innocent until proven guilty.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Innocent until proven guilty.
Wouldn't be saying that if it was your kids
Old Dec 13th 2005, 4:54 pm

Wouldn't be saying that if it was your kids
Probably not, but he is innocent until prooved guilty.....fact.

What chance has he in front of a jury if the public decide he's guilty before they've heard a shred of evidence.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Probably not, but he is innocent until prooved guilty.....fact.

What chance has he in front of a jury if the public decide he's guilty before they've heard a shred of evidence.
You put the link up - didn't notice any comment from you. And I never said he was guilty either
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:03 pm

You put the link up - didn't notice any comment from you. And I never said he was guilty either
True you didn't, but you hinted at it
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

True you didn't, but you hinted at it
No, I stated the facts released at the time - that he got out and the boys were left in the car. I don't know any further details but the fact that he's been arrested means the police do. I hope if he's innocent that its discovered early as he's obviously lost his kids too and has suffered enough. I can't really believe that someone would willingly do that to their own kids but unfortunately you do hear of it sometimes when marriages split.

Didn't mean it to sound like I thought he was guilty - we don't get to hear all the facts just what the media feeds us. Sorry if it sounded like that. I'm sure hes suffered enough.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:09 pm

No, I stated the facts released at the time - that he got out and the boys were left in the car. I don't know any further details but the fact that he's been arrested means the police do. I hope if he's innocent that its discovered early as he's obviously lost his kids too and has suffered enough. I can't really believe that someone would willingly do that to their own kids but unfortunately you do hear of it sometimes when marriages split.

Didn't mean it to sound like I thought he was guilty - we don't get to hear all the facts just what the media feeds us. Sorry if it sounded like that. I'm sure hes suffered enough.
No worries
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Victorian father charged with murder

I think unless he confesses that it will be very hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt in court.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bordy
I think unless he confesses that it will be very hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt in court.
Sky news says he handed himself in....
http://www.skynews.com.au/index.asp
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:24 pm

Sky news says he handed himself in....
http://www.skynews.com.au/index.asp
He was asked to go along with his brief, he denys all accusations.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:43 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

well we live twenty minutes down the road from where it happened and know the people who's dam he went into. I don't mind saying that on everything I have heard he can't be anything other than guilty. Especially if you actually see where he came off the road and went into the dam.

Now, admittedly you probably wouldn't be thinking straight, but if you didn't dive straight back in to try and rescue them and decided to go to another house for help, wouldn't you stop at the nearest house? Why would you not leg it the 200m across the paddock instead of flagging someone down and getting them to drive you the 7km into town to your ex-wifes place?

There's not an awful lot of people around here who do actually believe his story of a coughing fit.