Reload this Page >

Victorian Driving Theory Test

Wikiposts

Victorian Driving Theory Test

Old May 8th 2004, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road
Default Victorian Driving Theory Test

I was just wondering if anyone had done the VicRoads driving theory test recently to convert their British licence to a Victorian one? We have been here two months, so we only have one month left to convert and need to get a test booked soon.

What is the test like? What format does it take? Also, how do you go about booking the test? Can you just go into a VicRoads office and do the test, or do you have to fill in a form like with the British driving test.

We have download a sample hazard awareness test from the VicRoads website, but this seems to be quite strange. Is the real test in the same format as this sample, or is it a different test.

I would be grateful for any info on the test.

Thanks,

Steve
Old May 8th 2004, 11:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Easy peezy, lemon squeezy

Go to vic roads and book it, about $28.

You do a multipul choice with headphones on. You do not need to do the hazards awareness test, just 30 multipul choice questions.

Good luck.

PS make sure you look nice cos you have your photo and licence given to you there and then, if you pass that is
Old May 9th 2004, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Hevs.

Have you just done your test recently? Do you have to give them much notice to book it, or can you get them the following day?

Can you remember an example of any of the questions?
Old May 9th 2004, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone else out there had a recent experience of this test.

Would love to have more info.....
Old May 9th 2004, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by WhiteRose

Can let you know later on today as the other half is doing his at midday (fingers crossed!!).

Regards
Old May 9th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jaykay
Can let you know later on today as the other half is doing his at midday (fingers crossed!!).

Regards
Thanks Jaykay.

I am just reading the Rules and Responsibilities now, trying to muster up the courage to phone VicRoads and book the test.

Good luck to your other half, and can't wait to hear how they got on.
Old May 9th 2004, 1:52 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

The answer to question 29 is C.

No but seriously its easy as. Just remember give way to pedestrians and trams at all times.

If you get the question asking which car is in the right lane at the roundabout for turning right its the one with the little bit of orange near the front indicator

Oh and the one about parking waiting times its the one on Saturday where you can wait for 3 hours.

Hope this helps
Old May 9th 2004, 2:42 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We did ours about 4 weeks ago. Went to the Vic Roads offive. Booked the test for the monday morning (it was friday afternoon) spent the weekend studying the book.

And we both passed. I got 84% hubby got 74%. There were a couple I had no idea of the answer. How far away from a water hydrant must you park? I had seen it in the book but not memorised the detail.

Anyway it is really easy if you have read the book.

Go for it there is really nothing to be worried about

Jo
Old May 9th 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by joh117

Anyway it is really easy if you have read the book.

Go for it there is really nothing to be worried about

Jo
I'd agree with Jo. I would recommed getting the book because whilst most of the test is common sense, there are a couple of questions I was asked (such as distances near crossings when parking) that I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Both me and young_lass went for it at the same time, so there was quite a bit of pressure on me to not let the blokes' side down.

Of course the result was never going to be in doubt (I obviously did get a higher score than young_lass), but I should give her credit, her score wasn't too far behind mine

(We both passed)
Old May 9th 2004, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Regards
Any news on how Mr Jaykay got on?
Old May 9th 2004, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for their advice so far.

I am certainly feeling a bit more confident about the test now. I am currently studing the Rules & Responsibilities book and will probably try and book the test later today.

As many people have said it's mostly common sense, but it seems quite nerve racking to have to do a test years after passing my UK driving test.
Old May 9th 2004, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Any news on how Mr Jaykay got on?

Drinks all round

Mr Jaykay got 91%. He reckons that the questions were all pretty straightforward, but it is definitely worth getting the book for some of the less known questions (relating to Australian driving).

He didn't get any questions about stopping distances or parking distances, roundabouts, or road speeds. Most were manouvering questions e.g. U turns and junctions.

Hope this helps.

Note from Nick (Mr Jaykay) "I was very nervous about the test but found that most of the questions could have been answered based on my UK driving knowledge, so don't worry too much."
Old May 9th 2004, 5:58 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Drinks all round

Mr Jaykay got 91%. He reckons that the questions were all pretty straightforward, but it is definitely worth getting the book for some of the less known questions (relating to Australian driving).

He didn't get any questions about stopping distances or parking distances, roundabouts, or road speeds. Most were manouvering questions e.g. U turns and junctions.

Hope this helps.

Note from Nick (Mr Jaykay) "I was very nervous about the test but found that most of the questions could have been answered based on my UK driving knowledge, so don't worry too much."

Congrats Mr Jaykay, its pretty easy but its always a relief to get it over & done with & get that licence in the wallet.
Old May 9th 2004, 6:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Accelerating on Amber lights is tempting but the wrong answer.
Old May 9th 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Drinks all round

Hope this helps.

Congratulations to Nick, and thanks for the encouragement.

I've gone ahead and booked my test for tomorrow, so I'd better get back to that book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.