Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria State Sponsorship Questions

Victoria State Sponsorship Questions

Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Question Victoria State Sponsorship Questions

Hi everyone, I Didn't really know how to title this post?

This question is totally off the record, but as I am hoping to be sponsored to live and work in Victoria, will this be noted in my P.R visa that I recieve, or is it just the same as any other P.R visa.
What I am saying is, what if I land in Victoria and find I absolutely hate it and cant settle would I then have to resign myself to coming home to the U.K or can I ask the DIMIA for another P.R for say Queensland or NSW, alternately would I just be able to relocate there and not tell them (would that be illegal :scared: )
I know one of the conditions in getting state sponsorship is the requirement of residing for 2 years in that state and completing numerous surveys? but surely if you have a skill they would look on you favourably

Last edited by Dicko; Oct 20th 2003 at 10:12 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not know about State sponsorship but we are Designated Area Sponsored - Melbourne - and there is nothing to stop us arriving and heading off to Queensland or NSW. Once you are in you are in.

Good luck, enjoy the wait.

Ken
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kenand Nel
Do not know about State sponsorship but we are Designated Area Sponsored - Melbourne - and there is nothing to stop us arriving and heading off to Queensland or NSW. Once you are in you are in.

Good luck, enjoy the wait.

Ken
No Ken, I know for a fact one of the requirements is you have to sign a declaration to live there for 2 years(I have already been accepted for sponsorship) my question is, surely they wouldn't enforce it if you couldn't get work or you or your family were that unhappy would they?

Have a safe trip whenever you go Ken
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to bump this one back up there in the hope of an answer.
The family and i are also being sponsered by the state of Victoria ( just had our medicals done) and i too was concerned by this. If it all goes to pot in Melbourne, surley they would let you try in another state??????
I will ask my agent this next time we speak anyhow.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question Any advice?

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Just wanted to bump this one back up there in the hope of an answer.
The family and i are also being sponsered by the state of Victoria ( just had our medicals done) and i too was concerned by this. If it all goes to pot in Melbourne, surley they would let you try in another state??????

I will ask my agent this next time we speak anyhow.
anyone know the answer to the original question?
Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:39 pm
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any advice?

Originally posted by Dicko
anyone know the answer to the original question?
Hi Dicko. Funny nickname by the way. As stated you have to sign a contract stating you have to stay in Victoria for two years if they sponsor you. After all you only need 70 points to get state sponsorship. If all you needed was to say," I don't like it here" or " it is hard to get a job here,please let me move to QLD" how many do you think would try a sorry excuse like that.

I think you need to stay 2 years in Victoria. And why would you not like it there? I have been to Melbourne. It is a beautiful city.
A bit cold for my liking, but you get to move on to varmer places after two years.

Conclusion: You need to stay two years in Victoria. after all they are sponsoring you. Enjoy your stay. Victoria is a beautiful state.

/Per Erik
Old Oct 25th 2003, 9:16 am
Badge

Default Re: Any advice?

You have a moral obligation to stay for 2 years; it is NOT legally binding.

Although this may change if too many people are found to have abused this trust.

If it is really important, maybe you should ask the Vic Skilled Migration Unit, to "release" you = honesty is the best policy etc. eg.if you couldn't find work you would be a drain on VIC resources.

At the end of the day, PR is still PR.

Badge