Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria......or......South Australia.?

Wikiposts

Victoria......or......South Australia.?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria......or......South Australia.?

We don't have MOT's :scared:
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
We don't have MOT's :scared:
Nope we have Roadworthy certificates which one has to obtain when transferring a car to a new owner,
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

You aren't just limited to SA or Vic. My hubby is a brickie and 36 and we really want to go to WA. We can do this but on a SIR visa and not STNI. Agents don't tend to recommend this option as it's a temporary visa with restrictions but we've decided that the good outweighs the bad for us.

Can always apply for the perm visa after a couple of years
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs, if you are looking for a brickie, and the going rate is $100,000, The Bloke is on his way..... (and don't try and pay him with the dog!)
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Smile Re: Victoria......or......South Australia.?

Originally Posted by ohippy
You aren't just limited to SA or Vic. My hubby is a brickie and 36 and we really want to go to WA. We can do this but on a SIR visa and not STNI. Agents don't tend to recommend this option as it's a temporary visa with restrictions but we've decided that the good outweighs the bad for us.

Can always apply for the perm visa after a couple of years
Hi ohippy, (ippy i)

I,ve tried a couple of different agents on the internet, for the eligitability assessment and the online interview assessment, for the skilled independent visa.136.
One says i'm ok to go ahead with it, while the other says i need to go for the STNI visa ?????? . I think i'll try one more, and see what they come up with.
But good luck, on which visa's you go for.

cheers
paz.

Last edited by pazza; Mar 27th 2005 at 8:06 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hevs, if you are looking for a brickie, and the going rate is $100,000, The Bloke is on his way..... (and don't try and pay him with the dog!)

I guess it depends on the dog... :scared:
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:44 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Nope we have Roadworthy certificates which one has to obtain when transferring a car to a new owner,
yes, but you don't have to get a yearly inspection done :scared: Bet theres some right death traps on the roads!! The datsun 120y's i'm tipping
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pazza
Hi ohippy, (ippy i)

I,ve tried a couple of different agents on the internet, for the eligitability assessment and the online interview assessment, for the skilled independent visa.136.
One says i'm ok to go ahead with it, while the other says i need to go for the STNI visa ?????? . I think i'll try one more, and see what they come up with.
But good luck, on which visa's you go for.

cheers
paz.
Skilled independent is good if you can get it. We could up until they changed the points last year ! Unless you have relatives in Oz or wife has job which is wanted I'm not sure you'd get skilled independent. Hubby is 36 and, even if we paid the bond, we'd still be 5 points short
Old Mar 28th 2005, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ohippy
Skilled independent is good if you can get it. We could up until they changed the points last year ! Unless you have relatives in Oz or wife has job which is wanted I'm not sure you'd get skilled independent. Hubby is 36 and, even if we paid the bond, we'd still be 5 points short
Hi ohippy,

Ive heard on the grapevine, that come April '05, they maybe dropping the points system a little.
But don't take my word for it, as it might be far from the truth.

Steve.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi ohippy,

Ive heard on the grapevine, that come April '05, they maybe dropping the points system a little.
But don't take my word for it, as it might be far from the truth.

Steve.
Be great if they did - but they only went up last year, we can but hope !!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

I got an STNI visa a while ago - for similar reasons (lost points on age). You only have to stay in the sponsoring state for two years and then, as you say, you can go wherever you like. When I spoke to my agent to see how rigid the two year issue is, he reckoned that if I couldn't find work after six months then I'd be able to move on then with no problems. Dunno if I'd move on that quickly but it's an indication that the two years isn't set in stone!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 9:33 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Taking into account we've got two son's aged 10 & 6..
Taking into account you have two boys I'd have to say Victoria. If you had a boy and a girl you could choose South Australia. Imagine two boys growing up in SA with no relatives to marry .
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:58 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Originally Posted by hevs
Pazza, please come to Mellie, i am desperate for a brickie and have rung everyone of them advertising in our area, only one has turned up. He quoted me a stupid price, or said i could pay him with my dog

Theres a shortage here for sure!!
But Hevs, your'ne dorgs gorr a prerrrry mouff.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:17 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

I,ve spent the last few weeks reading everyones threads, hoping to learn all the do,s and don'ts of applying for different visa's.
Yesterday, I got in touch with a well known agent (i think). I processed all my details; spouse, occupation, dependents and, .....age!!
As i'm a time served bricklayer by trade, he told me i'd have no problems getting a visa, but the visa would be a STNI visa, as they're crying out for brickies in Victoria and in South Australia.
The problem is, we (as a family), were really looking forward to maybe's working/living on the east coast ; Brisbane, Gold Coast. It seems that dream's been took away, by the fact that i'm 36 years old. Is it true, you can't state where you want to live, after a certain age. Surely 36's not classed as old. ?????????

So, if it's got to be Victoria or South Australia where would you recommend. Taking into account we've got two son's aged 10 & 6..

cheers
paz.
If you are talking SA or Vic then initially you are looking at melbourne or adelaide. For the kids I'd probably go adelaide over melbourne but you might find more job opportunities in melbourne, even though it's costlier.

six of one, half a dozen of the other. In the end you need employment and can offset any disadvantages by moving into a reasonable/good area even if it means more modest dwelling initially.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who's replied,

It's people like yourselves who make it all the easier for us newcomers.
It's all knowledge we can pass on to people who's a little newer than we are.

thanks again
steve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.