Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria Question

Victoria Question

Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:45 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria Question

Oh GAWD! Help me!

My agent also thinks it would be a good idea for us to apply to Victoria for state nomination and we can go anywhere except Melbourne. Please can you point me in the right direction on good places to live....would rather be on the coast. and quick! She wants the application back asap to DHL tonight..my hair is turning grey! How can I decide where to settle in a morning without researching and visiting!! Saying that, Ill go anywhere in OZ as its only for 2 years!! Please advise where in Victoria

Thanks all
THE PANICKED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:50 am
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria Question

Hi,

We have just been accepted stni victoria and are going to Melbourne. I can not understand why you are unable to go to Melbourne as I have not seen this restriction on any of the info I have recevede or read
Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:52 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are going for this new SIR visa...slightly different....
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lucyb
Oh GAWD! Help me!

My agent also thinks it would be a good idea for us to apply to Victoria for state nomination and we can go anywhere except Melbourne. Please can you point me in the right direction on good places to live....would rather be on the coast. and quick! She wants the application back asap to DHL tonight..my hair is turning grey! How can I decide where to settle in a morning without researching and visiting!! Saying that, Ill go anywhere in OZ as its only for 2 years!! Please advise where in Victoria

Thanks all
THE PANICKED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do you do for a living? What type of environment do you need to be in (corprate, for example?)

The biggest towns/regional centres outside of Melbourne are Geelong (on the coast 70kms from Mel), Bendigo (inland 130km from Mel), Ballarat (inland), Swan Hill (inland 250km on Murray River/NSW border), Mildura (inland 500km NW Vic on Murray/NSW border). How far out of Melbourne must you be to qualify for non-Melbourne? I have friends who commute to Mebourne CBD from Macedon Ranges - takes them about an hour, but it's definately not classed as 'Melbourne'.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
what do you do for a living? What type of environment do you need to be in (corprate, for example?)

The biggest towns/regional centres outside of Melbourne are Geelong (on the coast 70kms from Mel), Bendigo (inland 130km from Mel), Ballarat (inland), Swan Hill (inland 250km on Murray River/NSW border), Mildura (inland 500km NW Vic on Murray/NSW border). How far out of Melbourne must you be to qualify for non-Melbourne? I have friends who commute to Mebourne CBD from Macedon Ranges - takes them about an hour, but it's definately not classed as 'Melbourne'.
For the SIR visa you have to live and work regional so you wouldn't commute to Melbourne.
But it would of course be nice to live somewhere the big city is accessable if you like the facilities.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:36 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Does Geelong count???