Reload this Page >

Victoria - Nice Place to Live?

Victoria - Nice Place to Live?

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Rich & Mitz is on a distinguished road
Default Victoria - Nice Place to Live?

Hi Guys.

We are up in NZ at the moment (or is that down?!!!).

I am considering a role in Victoria not far from Melbourne and am wondering if we could have some constructive opinions regarding living in that part of the world.

Any comments, good or adverse would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Rich
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria - Nice Place to Live?

Originally Posted by Rich & Mitz
Hi Guys.

I am considering a role in Victoria not far from Melbourne and am wondering if we could have some constructive opinions regarding living in that part of the world.

Thanks

Rich

It's "over".

Which part of Victoria....."not far from Melbourne" could mean anything - 2 hrs drive?

Victoria's weather is unpredictable - 35 one day, 16 the next, then 28 then 12 etc.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
It's "over".

Which part of Victoria....."not far from Melbourne" could mean anything - 2 hrs drive?

Victoria's weather is unpredictable - 35 one day, 16 the next, then 28 then 12 etc.
Thing is, they predict it well - almost to the degree sometimes. It just changes.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:40 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

It's "over".

no complaints from us Victorians

We do like to keep it a secret though
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Rich & Mitz is on a distinguished road

It's "over".

OK - Over in NZ!

It is around Traralgon some 2 to 2.5 hours from Melbourne so I believe.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:00 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Victoria - Nice Place to Live?

Hi Guys.

Thanks

Rich
Si vous avez déjà un travail puis Victoria est un bon endroit autrement là n'est aucun placelike Sydney en Australie.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:01 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

OK - Over in NZ!

It is around Traralgon some 2 to 2.5 hours from Melbourne so I believe.
Its 1 hour 44 mins along the princess highway (155KM)

You must be almost right on the Gippsland lakes - very nice part of the country.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Thing is, they predict it well - almost to the degree sometimes. It just changes.
Yeah, you are correct....it was the middle of the night here, and I couldn't spell changeable (or is it changable?...my spell checker isn't working).
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Si vous avez déjà un travail puis Victoria est un bon endroit autrement là n'est aucun placelike Sydney en Australie.
Oui, c'est vais, mais c'est vrai aussi a dire qu'il y a beucoup des personnes quii pensent que Sydney est trop cher et trop grande pour eux.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:27 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
Its 1 hour 44 mins along the princess highway (155KM)

You must be almost right on the Gippsland lakes - very nice part of the country.
Gippsland, the weather and countrysides probably a bit like New Zealand.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:24 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys.

Thanks

Rich
I liked Brighton.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:31 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Victoria - Nice Place to Live?

Originally Posted by arkon
I liked Brighton.
Coburg VIC3058
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys.

Thanks

Rich
I think Victoria is great. It has such varied countryside and the only people who complain about the weather, are the people who don't live here.

Traralgon itself is quite a big town and would suffice for most of your needs although I would imagine that most people would take the occasional trip to Chadstone for their special shops. Unfortunately Traralgon is in the flat boring bit between the mountains to the north, the rolling hills and beaches of Gippsland to the south and the Lakes to the east. It would take about an hour to get to these places - so you've got a good choice of weekend (day-trip) destinations. The areas around Traralgon promote themselves as gourmet country (although I've not had a chance to test this). The Grand Ridge brewery is just down the road in Mirboo North and has some decent beer. Immediately to the West is the heavily industrialised part of the Latrobe Valley which is where most of Victoria's coal is dug up and electricity generated - not very pretty.

Not sure why, but every time I've filled up in Traralgon, the petrol seems unnecessarily expensive.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Oct 24th 2006 at 11:33 pm.