Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria Anyone ????????

Victoria Anyone ????????

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:17 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice
Default Victoria Anyone ????????

Is there anyone going to Victoria or emigrated to Victoria. We will be emigrating to Victoria but not sure what area yet. We have family in the Frankston area and we are using that as a starting point.
My husband is a car painter by trade and we need to find him a job over there eventually. What would be the best way to find a job do you wait untill you get over there or can you look for vacancies over here. It would be great to hear from anyone else going to or have moved to Melbourne or Victoria.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria Anyone ????????

Originally Posted by Emmaline
Is there anyone going to Victoria or emigrated to Victoria. We will be emigrating to Victoria but not sure what area yet. We have family in the Frankston area and we are using that as a starting point.
My husband is a car painter by trade and we need to find him a job over there eventually. What would be the best way to find a job do you wait untill you get over there or can you look for vacancies over here. It would be great to hear from anyone else going to or have moved to Melbourne or Victoria.

Hi and Welcome!!

There are LOADS of us here in Victoria so ask what you like, there is bound to be someone that can help.

I would suggest that with that trade, he will be fine to wait till he gets here although I am sure if you do a search on some of the employment sites he will find some jobs to enquire about.

Have you been out to Australia before? When are you hoping to be here?

Hels
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there we are in regional Victoria in Wangaratta (NE between Melbourne and Sydney) and we love it here. We came over with hubby's work so we had work before the visa and it has all been pretty straightforward for us. You can check out the BritVics site for more people from the Victoria and Melbourne area they are a friendly bunch and should be able to help with questions about the area. We have only been here just over a month so I am still exploring myself but it is a lovely part of the world.
Good luck with the move and let me know if you need any more info about this area.
All the best.
Nicky
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:20 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

We came over to Vic in Aug and currently living in Berwick in the S/E suburbs. Job wise I do know a lot of agencies and companies do not want to know until you are on Aussie soil and have proof of your visa. You could contact them before you come over and see whay they say but most do want to see you in person anyway. Good luck.

Lorraine
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Also check out the BritVics forum on http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:15 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We moved to Victoria, currently living in Aspendale near the beach. We love it here, there are heaps of gorgeous places, and we are hoping to buy a house near by early next year.

As for jobs I wouldnt worry about apply until you get here, there are heaps of jobs, seems to be more jobs than people here, plus you will need to find out where you will be living before you apply, and its hard to tell when you try to apply before you get here, as everything is a fair distance apart.

Good luck, im sure you will have no probs, if you have rellies in Frankston already, ask them to have a look in the local paper called the leader for jobs, there are always heaps of local jobs in there, failing that try see.com.au or careerone.com.au and you will be sure to find something, but alot of places wont give you an interview until you are here and have an aussie number that they can call you on.

Good luck, im sure you will love it here.

laura
x
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi

We moved to Victoria, currently living in Aspendale near the beach. We love it here, there are heaps of gorgeous places, and we are hoping to buy a house near by early next year.

As for jobs I wouldnt worry about apply until you get here, there are heaps of jobs, seems to be more jobs than people here, plus you will need to find out where you will be living before you apply, and its hard to tell when you try to apply before you get here, as everything is a fair distance apart.

Good luck, im sure you will have no probs, if you have rellies in Frankston already, ask them to have a look in the local paper called the leader for jobs, there are always heaps of local jobs in there, failing that try see.com.au or careerone.com.au and you will be sure to find something, but alot of places wont give you an interview until you are here and have an aussie number that they can call you on.

Good luck, im sure you will love it here.

laura
x

Happy 1000th post Laura!!!!

Its good to see ya online too....havent seen you in AGES!!!!!!!!!!

Glad things are all going well for you guys...

Hels
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:06 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Happy 1000th post Laura!!!!

Its good to see ya online too....havent seen you in AGES!!!!!!!!!!

Glad things are all going well for you guys...

Hels

Hi Hels

Yes things going great. Never get much time to post nowadays, just pop in from time to time to see if anythings new.....might be on here tho a bit more lately as filling out all my migration stuff, im gonna front load my STNI 137 visa stuff and hopefully it might be through soon, too many forms tho, had forgotton about this for a while being here....

how r u??

laura
x
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi Hels

Yes things going great. Never get much time to post nowadays, just pop in from time to time to see if anythings new.....might be on here tho a bit more lately as filling out all my migration stuff, im gonna front load my STNI 137 visa stuff and hopefully it might be through soon, too many forms tho, had forgotton about this for a while being here....

how r u??

laura
x

Laura...

Things are great here.....just been settling into the new house and buying the furniture for it and painting and stuff...we are pretty happy with it all.

Paul is finally settling..his homesickness is virtually non existant now...which is a big relief!!

It will be good to see you around a little more even though you will be busy with your visa stuff.

Good to see ya!!

Hels
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Laura...

Things are great here.....just been settling into the new house and buying the furniture for it and painting and stuff...we are pretty happy with it all.

Paul is finally settling..his homesickness is virtually non existant now...which is a big relief!!

It will be good to see you around a little more even though you will be busy with your visa stuff.

Good to see ya!!

Hels
Hels

Sorry for butting in but my foggy memory is trying to tell me you are in Bendigo??

We had 5 great years there and we lived in Strathdale. The tennis was great there and we made a lot of friends through soccer too - I was Sec of the BSL for a time. I taught at the college in McCrae St and Mrs OzT at Girton College.

Where are you in Bendigo?

Ignore this if my foggy memory is playing tricks.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Hels

Sorry for butting in but my foggy memory is trying to tell me you are in Bendigo??

We had 5 great years there and we lived in Strathdale. The tennis was great there and we made a lot of friends through soccer too - I was Sec of the BSL for a time. I taught at the college in McCrae St and Mrs OzT at Girton College.

Where are you in Bendigo?

Ignore this if my foggy memory is playing tricks.

Oh dear..the Alzheimers is really kicking in, huh OT?? hehe

Yes we have had this conversation before I'm the Ozzie moved back with my pommy hubby...

We were in Eaglehawk in a rental but have just bought a house in Flora Hill, so not far from Strath. I am working up at the Uni and Hubby is working out at Epsom at Bendigo Toyota....
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear..the Alzheimers is really kicking in, huh OT?? hehe

Yes we have had this conversation before I'm the Ozzie moved back with my pommy hubby...

We were in Eaglehawk in a rental but have just bought a house in Flora Hill, so not far from Strath. I am working up at the Uni and Hubby is working out at Epsom at Bendigo Toyota....
Nah, all faculties working and was pretty sure but didn't want to look silly just in case!!

Yeah, Flora Hill isn't too far away. We were just below the Orphanage in Cotswold Cresc. The Bendigo Technical College (now BriTAFE) as you will probably know was part of the B.I.T which became part of LaTrobe Uni. One day I might seek out hubby for a good deal on a Toyota or Lexus - great cars and what I intend to get when we go back.

OzTennis
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Hiya, we're flying out at the end of the month. We have family all over Victoria. My husband has family in Lang Warren which isn't too far from Frankston. We're hoping to rent for the first 6 months until we suss everything out, we're thinking on heading to Mordialloc, due north of Frankston. We would love to buy further out towards Upper Ferntree Gully way but we need to get job first.

I'm getting quite nervous now. When are you going?
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:27 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

I don't live in Franger but I have inlaws that do. It has a lot going for it, it is undervalued because of loutish behaviour in some of the northern parts, which has been going on for years. But if you pick your area wisely you will be ok.

As for work, much of Melbourne's auto industry is located in nearby Dandenong
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:20 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pako
We would love to buy further out towards Upper Ferntree Gully way but we need to get job first.

Nahhh you don't really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.