Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria Anyone ????????

Victoria Anyone ????????

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

minimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura aboutminimal has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Victoria Anyone ????????

Originally Posted by Emmaline
Is there anyone going to Victoria or emigrated to Victoria. We will be emigrating to Victoria but not sure what area yet. We have family in the Frankston area and we are using that as a starting point.
My husband is a car painter by trade and we need to find him a job over there eventually. What would be the best way to find a job do you wait untill you get over there or can you look for vacancies over here. It would be great to hear from anyone else going to or have moved to Melbourne or Victoria.

We're heading over on a validation trip on Sunday!!

I'm an electronics engineer & hope to be moving to Vic. permanently next year,

see you there
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Nah, all faculties working and was pretty sure but didn't want to look silly just in case!!

Yeah, Flora Hill isn't too far away. We were just below the Orphanage in Cotswold Cresc. The Bendigo Technical College (now BriTAFE) as you will probably know was part of the B.I.T which became part of LaTrobe Uni. One day I might seek out hubby for a good deal on a Toyota or Lexus - great cars and what I intend to get when we go back.

OzTennis

You wont believe what they are doing to the Orphanage next time you are here!!!!!!!

They are making it into a huge housing estate!! Building British looking terraces in the grounds and charging a bloody fortune for them and eventually going to make the old Orphanage building into apartments!!

Nice part of town though....

Hubby is a Mechanic at Toyota...but I am sure he can talk to the right people for ya

Are you planning to move back anytime soon?

H
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Is there anyone going to Victoria or emigrated to Victoria. We will be emigrating to Victoria but not sure what area yet. We have family in the Frankston area and we are using that as a starting point.
My husband is a car painter by trade and we need to find him a job over there eventually. What would be the best way to find a job do you wait untill you get over there or can you look for vacancies over here. It would be great to hear from anyone else going to or have moved to Melbourne or Victoria.
We were over there in august, stayed with my uncle who lives in Seaford. We loved it there, thought Frankston was great. Andy
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
You wont believe what they are doing to the Orphanage next time you are here!!!!!!!

They are making it into a huge housing estate!! Building British looking terraces in the grounds and charging a bloody fortune for them and eventually going to make the old Orphanage building into apartments!!

Nice part of town though....

Hubby is a Mechanic at Toyota...but I am sure he can talk to the right people for ya

Are you planning to move back anytime soon?

H
Yeah, I had heard about the plans for the Orphanage from a mate of mine I used to teach with. At one stage Girton College started a new campus there but it ran into financial problems and was abandoned, leaving 'school type' buildings next to the Orphanage. We used to really like it there but my wife got terribly homesick and hence the move to the UK. Strathdale was almost on the edge of Bendigo but it has now expanded a lot to the east. That mate I mentioned has a lovely place on the edge of bushland at the end of Osborne St - past the old Teachers College which won't be too far from you.

Our plan is to go back 'sometime' and we have our place in Williamstown as you'll probably remember. Not to put too fine a point on it though we won't move as long as we are looking after my mother-in-law.

OzTennis
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yeah, I had heard about the plans for the Orphanage from a mate of mine I used to teach with. At one stage Girton College started a new campus there but it ran into financial problems and was abandoned, leaving 'school type' buildings next to the Orphanage. We used to really like it there but my wife got terribly homesick and hence the move to the UK. Strathdale was almost on the edge of Bendigo but it has now expanded a lot to the east. That mate I mentioned has a lovely place on the edge of bushland at the end of Osborne St - past the old Teachers College which won't be too far from you.

Our plan is to go back 'sometime' and we have our place in Williamstown as you'll probably remember. Not to put too fine a point on it though we won't move as long as we are looking after my mother-in-law.

OzTennis

Your mate is just down the road from me literally. We live on the road at the back of Flora Hill Secondary....

So when did you move back to the UK then? I have spent more time in Williamstown in the last few months than I ever did in all the years I lived in Melbourne because of carolinegorka...I do love the area tho. Not sure its where I would live if we ever moved down from Bendigo tho.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:19 am
Just Joined

wendywoo has a brilliant futurewendywoo has a brilliant futurewendywoo has a brilliant futurewendywoo has a brilliant futurewendywoo has a brilliant futurewendywoo has a brilliant future

hey there
we're heading for bendigo in january we have friends there so using that as a starting point my husband paul has applied for a few jobs and the feedbacks good we use the mycareer website , they all say to call when we arrive also from what we've heard they tend to want him to start straight away so we've decided to wait now till we get there he wants a couple of weeks off first !! but there certainly doesn't seem to be a problem finding work - good luck x

Old Nov 4th 2005, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wendywoo
hey there
we're heading for bendigo in january we have friends there so using that as a starting point my husband paul has applied for a few jobs and the feedbacks good we use the mycareer website , they all say to call when we arrive also from what we've heard they tend to want him to start straight away so we've decided to wait now till we get there he wants a couple of weeks off first !! but there certainly doesn't seem to be a problem finding work - good luck x

Evenin'
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Your mate is just down the road from me literally. We live on the road at the back of Flora Hill Secondary....

So when did you move back to the UK then? I have spent more time in Williamstown in the last few months than I ever did in all the years I lived in Melbourne because of carolinegorka...I do love the area tho. Not sure its where I would live if we ever moved down from Bendigo tho.
Yeah, and a double co-incidence because I think CG is in Douglas Pde in Williamstown and we have a place a few streets away on the water. I could happily live in Bendigo again but W'town it will be when we go back.

OzTennis
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:35 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice

Thank you everyone for your replies. We have Carrum Downs, seaford and chelsea in mind but still dont have a clue as we will need a school near by for our 4 year old daughter. What age do they start school and what term or month would that be. Ive never been to Oz and my husband went over 10 years ago so it will be an experience of a lifetime. Very scared about spiders and snakes though :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your replies. We have Carrum Downs, seaford and chelsea in mind but still dont have a clue as we will need a school near by for our 4 year old daughter. What age do they start school and what term or month would that be. Ive never been to Oz and my husband went over 10 years ago so it will be an experience of a lifetime. Very scared about spiders and snakes though :scared:
The child starts school in the January of the year that they're five by April.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 8:44 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

PS. We stayed in Chelsea for eight weeks and liked Carrum Downs, we would have bought there, but property prices were dropping.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 6:23 am
superam74

Hi , Me & my family are planning to move to Mentone area next year,which is not too far from Frankston. I 'm a qualified bricklayer & often go on the newspaper websites job section just to get the jist of things, but I won't bother looking for employment till I get there

Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

When we were over a couple of months ago we went to a local primary school in Seaford called Kananook, the head teacher was great, class sizes approx 21 - 24 brilliant. They start the term before they are six, and have a kinder next to the school for pre-school, for which you pay. There are loads of great parks in the area, we checked out the swimming pool in frankston, which is right next to seaford, as my children have swimming lessons, they start from age 4. The shopping centre in Frankston is brilliant and I found the supermarkets the same as here. I to am scared of spiders, and the only ones to be aware of are red backs, they only live in the garden under things and really dont bother you. I wasnt at all worried about going in the garden or the children, you certainly didnt come across them when out in the parks. We didnt see any huntsmans, and they dont seem to come in the house, I see more spiders in my own house than there. Dont worry about snakes again you dont see them, but you wouldnt go into scrub land bare foot. The biggest pest was the possums on the roof at night, they sounded like elephants with clogs on! but we got used to it. Hope this helps if you want any more specific answere's pm me. Alison
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

lynn59 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi just read ur email we are moving to victoria in may.we are going t live in geelong,we went t victoria in august t activate our visa my daughter lives in swan hill to quiet for me,we went to look around geelong and fell in love with the place .my husband is a roofer and will look for work when we get their,just got to find a school for my son,hope you find what you want take care lynn
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:09 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Seaford and Chelsea are fine, (both lovely locations) dont buy in Carrum Downs tho, I was told that the prices are dropping there all of the time, and its not that nice, we have friends there, and its was a bit yobbish (sorry if i offend anyone) but there are tons of young couples live there who like to party hard all night, with loud banging music etc.......
I have been told to buy in certain parts of Frankston as set to rise there once marina is finished....
good luck

laura
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.