Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vicky Point High

Vicky Point High

Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vicky Point High

Has anyone any 15/16 year olds in this school??

My eldest is in year 11 and hates it!!!
He started there this time last year and settled in great, but just lately its hard work just getting him to go at all Come to think of it be great if I could get him out of the house!!!
Im begining to wish Id put him in the year below when we enrolled him

Been wondering about changing schools but maybe it too late and wouldnt help at this stage
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:16 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Vicky Point High

My step-daughter started Year 11 at Cleveland State High School 3 weeks ago and really likes it. She has made some good friends there and has not had any ribbing at all.

Heard a couple of bad things about Vicky Point High but then again, there are rumours about a lot of the state schools!

Hope things get better for him soon
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hilary6
Has anyone any 15/16 year olds in this school??

My eldest is in year 11 and hates it!!!
He started there this time last year and settled in great, but just lately its hard work just getting him to go at all Come to think of it be great if I could get him out of the house!!!
Im begining to wish Id put him in the year below when we enrolled him

Been wondering about changing schools but maybe it too late and wouldnt help at this stage
Sounds like bullying at school. I knew the student support person there, but cant remember her name.

WW
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Just bumping this thread for u hun!xx
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:19 am
Just Joined

luvit1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our son is due to start in year 8 (Jan 08) we have been looking at private and state. We have had many opinions and most say Viccy Point is NOT always the best choice. So I must admit I have been a little put off.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Australia Immigration will become famous soon enough

Hi

I would rate Cleveland over Victoria Point High, but not by any great margin.

Yr 11 & 12 are key for the students and getting these right is critical - have you considered private for these two years ?

Kind regards

Chris
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

We started our Harry at Vicky Point prep and what a nightmare that was.
First day he was pushed off the climbing frame and ended up in the medical center, the third day he came home with "wet" pants. Now he is 5 and has never wet his pants or the bed before so we knew something was a miss.
The one thing we did notice was his attitude when he came home, over the weekend we would get him back to "our little boy" and the same thing happened again.

We then looked at our options and came to the conclusion that VP school was not the best and being honest with ourselves we had put him in there for convenience for us

He is now in Sheldon Collage and has not looked back, when you ask him how his day has been he smiles and says "just fantastic".

Ian
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Hi

We've been here a year next month. Adam 15 is at Cleveland year 10 and is doing fine. Jenna 13 and year 8 on the other hand is leaving cleveland for Vicky Point at the end of this term. She says the girls are so bitchy in her class and really doesn't enjoy it there at all so we decided to let her move. I guess only time will tellif this is the right decision or not but it's what she wants right now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Heather
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by smiths
Hi

We've been here a year next month. Adam 15 is at Cleveland year 10 and is doing fine. Jenna 13 and year 8 on the other hand is leaving cleveland for Vicky Point at the end of this term. She says the girls are so bitchy in her class and really doesn't enjoy it there at all so we decided to let her move. I guess only time will tellif this is the right decision or not but it's what she wants right now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Heather
Just curious, are there many other kids in her class who are also expats? if so who is causing the problems?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Hi

They are a few expats but she says most of them are quite mean and she says they all do 'litter duty' and she feels left out because she doen't have to do it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi

They are a few expats but she says most of them are quite mean and she says they all do 'litter duty' and she feels left out because she doen't have to do it!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you spoken to the school about everything? It seems a sad state of affairs she feels that bad she wants to leave & it cannot be sorted. However the same thing could happen in the uk. Hope she is happier in the new school & settles in.

We have just started visa process & have 3 children. We have been looking at cleveland area. The school situation & nasty kids in their classes worries me.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Don't let me put you off. Like I said my son is quite happy there. Maybe Jenna is just finding it hard to settle. I know she still misses her old friends in the UK. The area is nice and there are quite a few schools around here, so I'm sure she will find one that suits her!
What ages are your children?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

Theres no bullying going on. He doesnt want to change schools as he said he has mates there, but yet hes still really down.

Hes prob the youngest in the year as hes not 16 til december so theyre all older and more mature that him.
We put him in that year as we didnt want him to re-do a school year, think that was a big mistake

I suppose if hes unhappy, now if we move him things couldnt be any worse...could they

On a lighter note our youngest is in year 9 and he loves it!!

Heather ,hope Jenna's happy there...its not all bad like I said my youngest is doing great!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Don't let me put you off. Like I said my son is quite happy there. Maybe Jenna is just finding it hard to settle. I know she still misses her old friends in the UK. The area is nice and there are quite a few schools around here, so I'm sure she will find one that suits her!
What ages are your children?
nine, seven & four, all boys! Read lots about property prices in Brisbane going up by 40% by the time we get there god knows where we will be beable to afford. Got a job a Mater childrens hospital at south bank. Do you know how long it takes to drive to Mater from vicky point? We are looking from Welly point all the way down to vicky point. Any further down I think might be too far away. What do you think?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:12 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

More fun will be the parking. RACQ trip planner will give you some idea

http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/...r_ENA_HTML.htm

Nearest train is cleveland ( 10 mins from vicky ), and then 55 mins to the city ( it ain't fast ), or you could drive to Garden city (25 mins maybe), and catch the bus ( 20 mins - it has its own road !! )

When you get here, you'll find that most of bayside is 20 mins apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.